Keto and Torani or Skinny Girl syrup

Options
I searched but could not find anything matching.

I was wondering how the community feels about these syrups? I know no sugary products is better but occasionally we want to have caramel flavor or..I spied some really neat ones at TJMaxx today.

They have sucralose and say no sugar, sugar alcohols.

Thanks.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally and always have with no issue. Right now I have a bottle of pineapple flavor in the pantry that I sometimes add to my plain Greek yogurt. Tasty!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I bought the sugar free caramel flavor, but haven't used it much because I have flavored liquid stevia drops I use. If you're interested in those, I use the Sweet Leaf brand from Amazon, there's like a 5 pack of different flavors. :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @ThreeLilBirdsFarm

Sucralose is splenda. It is FAR better in liquid form than it's powdering counterpart. However, sucralose can still damage the gut lining and/or cause cravings. It can cause inflammation in the joints (one person I knew gained 20 pounds in a single month from the inflammatory response - it was the only change she'd made).

So, after that warning, just in general, my theory is that if you use them to sweeten only to tolerance (therefore SHRINKING your sweet tooth), and they keep you compliant to your dietary plan - AND prevent excess cravings, then use them.

If you find the use of them triggering wanting more sweetness, more flavor, unexpected weight gain or slowed losses, etc., I'd limit or restrict their use.

This is a VERY individual choice. Some folks react to them, some folks use them for compliance, and some are allergic, and so on.

I agree with @xDaniDragonflyx that I personally prefer Sweet Leaf brand Stevia over Splenda any day...
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use both and have not had any issues. I only use them in the morning in my coffee, so its pretty limited, but I enjoy them. Personally, if I have artificial sweeteners, it just makes me want the real thing. Its a VERY slippery slope for me, so I don't typically make fat bombs, keto sweets, etc. Its just too risky for me. Some folks try and completely avoid sugar substitutes because of potential health risks and/or side effects, but I'm not too concerned with either, since I use so little and have never had issues.

I think in moderation, when its something you REALLY want and will fit your macros/lifestyle, then do it! Its really about what works for you, what helps you succeed, and what makes you feel good!

All that being said, I find I like the Skinny Syrups better than Torani. However I don't much care for any of the mocha/chocolate type flavors from either. They taste... chemically to me...? I don't know, just not a fan. I love a good vanilla or caramel though, and the cinnamon pecan is AMAZING! I get them at Home Goods for $3.99 a bottle; much cheaper than the grocery store.
  • stacysevey
    stacysevey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free torani a few(2-3) times a week in coffee or added to heavy whipping cream to make a flavored fluffy treat. love the Smores, Brown Sugar Cinnamon, and Coconut flavors
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have Monin syrups which are Erythrotol, a keto friendly sweetener. They are yummy but do make my tummy gurgle if I have more than one pump at a time.