How much fat?

Options
michcat11
michcat11 Posts: 2 Member
How much fat are you consuming in a day? I'm nervous because we always hear "low fat low fat" but I'm over what "they" say I should be and very low carb.

Replies

• flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am at 123g for today. Some days it's more and some it's less. It says I am over. That is just a suggestion. You aren't going to hit it 100% everyday so don't sweat it. Just do your best to get close.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I’m probably between 70-100 depending on what I eat each day.
    I don’t add fat to my plate. Cook with it and meat has it already.
  • flitabout38
    flitabout38 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I watched a video that said the best way to do it is to get good carb sources, then good protein and then fill the rest of your calories with fat as needed to satiety.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I eat fat because it seems to keep me full as opposed to protein. I'm generally ~50 carbs and ~100 each on fat and protein. It varies. I eat avocados, nuts, seeds, fish, flaxseed meal, etc so my fats always turn out to be about 50/50 saturated/unsaturated not that I think it makes a difference. That's just what it is. Removes some of the the fear of saturated fat if there should be one. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. I'm just not one to be extreme. :)

I ate higher protein and higher carb during weight loss and ~15 months after weight loss and was always hungry even on maintenance calories. I jacked up the fat during a keto trial and solved that problem.