I have a date!

Options
Fit4LifeAR
Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
I am officially scheduled for VSG on 4/16, woo hoo! I was thinking I would have to schedule it this summer, but this is so much better. I am oddly excited that I have this scheduled during one of the busiest times of the year for my job. I teach from home and I will be heading into the last month of the school year around that time. I like the idea of having something to focus on, and I think it will help with the continued game of sip,sip,sip at the very beginning. (Although I will be busy, I can also get up and take breaks as needed, so I am only taking 3 days off from work). I also like that when summer break hits, I will be feeling good, focusing on my new and healthy diet, and spending a good amount of time in the gym.

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I agree with you being busy makes it easier to stick with the pre-op diet. I'm not so sure about the 3 days off work, I took 2 weeks and wish I had taken 3 or 4. I think the liquid diet pre-op and liquids post-op just got the best of me. Both of those totaled nearly 20 days of liquids, minimum calories. Other than high blood pressure I had no other medical conditions but the fatigue after surgery was real tough.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    Oh yeah, I expect the fatigue to be bad but I can take breaks as needed, so I am good on that end.
  • BelindaKinMinn
    BelindaKinMinn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My surgery date is 4/11--- one week to go. I am taking 7 days off- I teach and it's too near the end of the school year!
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I needed long naps for the first 3 weeks. A combination of the surgery and not getting many calories wiped me out completely. Best of luck to you!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm with clcmfp, I was wiped out after surgery. I actually had to get up early so I could crawl back in bed after my morning shower to rest before I could get dressed for work. I took 2 weeks off work but I understand not being able to take more than a week off if you have to work.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    The good thing with my job is that I work from home, and if I need to stop for an hour and lay down or rest, that is totally fine. I plan on finding the most comfortable place to sit or lay, have my laptop around, and work while I watch tv. Even if I took the days “off”, I would be doing the same exact thing.
  • brendajean316
    brendajean316 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How are things going now? Update?
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    I actually feel pretty good today but I am definitely weak. I had the VSG on Monday, cake home Tuesday at noon, and went back to work on Wednesday. On Wednesday and Thursday I stopped and took frequeant breaks, so it all worked out pretty well. Today I woke up and felt noticeably better, although still weak. I am on a clear liquid diet for 7 days and after surgery, the taste of powdered protein makes me want to vomit. For that reason, my liquid intake has been good but my protein has been low. I broke down and had a pre-made protein shake today, even though I’m supposed to wait until Monday, but I will stick with the clear protein drinks for the rest of the day. I am pretty hungry too, but I know that will change as I can introduce more foods.

On Monday I start full liquids and I am on that stage for three long weeks. Then I go to puréed for three weeks, and then soft food for four weeks. I am totally jealous of people who get to move through their phases faster, lol.
  • brendajean316
    brendajean316 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You should be finishing up your three weeks of liquid now and into puree. How is it going?
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Options
    I’m actually on soft foods now, my doc let me go to soft foods a week early. I feel a million times better. I’ve been able to handle all foods and have had no issue with getting sick. I’m going to gmhead back to the gym this week too, so I’m excited about that.