Week 3 - Water Challenge!

Options
cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
Okay, we all know how important water is. This week the challenge is to see if you can drink your 8 glasses of water every single day! Report your successes and struggles. If you have found a way that has really helped you up your water game, please share!

20 of us weighed in last week. If everyone met their eight that would be 160 glasses of water a day! That’s 10 gallons of water per day for the group!

Replies

• shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl.

I'm usually doing good if I get in 6 a day. That is on top of one cup of coffee in the morning and a lot of times one cup of tea in the evening.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty good about drinking water. I'll have a cup or two of coffee in the mornings (which I count towards my water), a few glasses throughout the day, and a cup of tea most afternoons. I've found that I drink more when I have a straw, which is kind of weird. I also really like those flavored carbonated waters and will usually have one of those in the evenings. Before I started to lose weight I didn't really drink that much water but now I crave it.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My water usually includes coffee and tea as well. I allow myself one cup of “doctored” coffee in the morning and do herbal tea the rest of the day. I’m usually in the 5 - 6 cup range but I’m shooting for my eight. Made it yesterday so I’m hopeful.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I do great with water at work and in the car. I have two huge Blender Bottles that I chug from all day. Once I’m home though, I could care less about drinking water. Strange, no? Trying to change this habit.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I get most of my water from coffee throughout the day, with half and half in the morning and almond milk later, plus flavored water from a 12 oz. bottle.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I always find I drink more than other people. Some unadulterated water but also water with sugar-free squash added, and Diet Coke. I’ll typically have a big glass (400ml maybe) of squash first thing, a couple of 330ml cans of DC (my coffee substitute) and at least a litre of water during the day at work, then another couple of big glasses of squash once I get home in the evening. I get headaches and grumpy if I don’t drink enough!
  • _Mrs_Ryan_
    _Mrs_Ryan_ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do great with water at work and in the car. I have two huge Blender Bottles that I chug from all day. Once I’m home though, I could care less about drinking water. Strange, no? Trying to change this habit.

I'm quite similar. I drink a ton of water at work. Usually fill up my 24 oz bottle 3 times minimum. I also try to fill it 1 more time at home after work. On the weekends? Not so much. Still trying to figure that one out myself.