Weekly Post - 16.04.18 - 22.04.18

Options
jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
Kicking us off for the week. Hoping the weekend was good for you all. Will post more later!

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The cat says: Taxes? You don’t need to file taxes. But you do need to pet and comb me NOW! Yes, underneath that fur is a keyboard. Lol
    xplm8614jsgj.jpeg

Have a great week all! Today my first light day of the week!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Just popping in...no fasts last week. Have a good one everybody.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m walking a friend dog while they are on holiday... so extra walking for me, once I get use to her I’ll take her with my own dog, but the extra walk is good for me!

I can’t even remember what I ate last week but I’ve had treats and I’ve had low carb. Stir fry today and I’m fasting tomorrow... soup in the plan so I’m hoping I don’t screw that up!

That’s all for now, keep up the good work people!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Testing...

Ugh this site is not cooperating lately!
    Had a nice post but could not submit.

Just a short hello! Work is a little crazy. Hope all is well and see you soon. :)
  • orlcam
    Options
    Yeah, I think a number of people are having the same issue. Everyone is very "terse" this week. I had to log out, clear my cookies, log back in and then was able to post.

Still not able to change the banner for the group though...<sigh>.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi all still going good here not stopped today, productive is always good. Feeling like the scales are sticking but i think it's more that i'm used to my current weight and whereas i was feeling slim it's the final push to my goal that's the hardest!
    Anyway i have a question...
    When using the app for pasta/potatoes does the app take it as cooked weight or raw.
    I've been entering the raw weight then as no cals are added by cooking used that but sometimes tricky when cooked to work out backwards. Or to know how the weight changes in process..
    I weighed a potato 280g then had half of it with salad for tea so added 140g but i've not seen an option on the app as cooked weight.
    Hope you understand me lol
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »

Ugh this site is not cooperating lately!
    Had a nice post but could not submit.

I feel your pain Meghan!! Glad to hear it’s not just me! And Orlcam, that pic happens to be one of my favorites from flumi.... miss her!

Well people, guess what? I had a pretty good fast today, although it came to 700 cals, but that’s an excellent day for me. Not sure how I get so derailed on most other days... the novelty of doing something new is gone perhaps? I’ve signed up to receive emails from the fastingdietplan.com website... maybe some extra reading and pretending I’m new will be encouraging!

@sjgold123 I usually use raw form and if I cook in oil I account for that, not sure that’s helpful though... I also use “steamed or grilled” options if it’s cooked

• chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m doing this on my phone so I’ll be brief.
    Today will be my first official fast day back on track as last weeks fast turned into late night snacks, etc.....
    Hard to get back on track but I know it’s so worth it.
    Great job everyone for checking in!
    I’m excited to get back on track.
  • jknight001
    Options
    Whoa! Thought I would make it back sooner! Our day at the game was wonderful. The weather was nice and the LA Dodgers won! They have gotten off to a rough start. Hoping they are getting back on track.

Having a good week so far. Been wanting to eat more than I need but so far since the weekend I have, thankfully, resisted. I too have been seeing MFP weirdness. My diary was not syncing between the app and the website. I would post stuff one place and it would not show up on the other. Reinstalling the app has seemed to help but haven't really done a thorough vetting.

Looks like you all are doing reasonably well. :smiley:

@sjgold123 - My experience with pasta on MFP is that it is the raw form. I just check the calorie count and weight on my pasta package to make sure. I also did a weigh before cooking and after cooking to come up with my own conversion (who the heck eats raw pasta, anyway? :wink: ). I imagine how you cook it can make a difference in the cooked weight.
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Munching on multigrain rice cakes topped with a little avocado & black pepper! Oh yum!

Just checking in..... feel so much better today after my 700 cal fast yesterday, I will really watch my intake today and am planning a real 500 cal fast for tomorrow!

Have a great Wednesday people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!
    Wow, so I am not the only one with tech issues. Wonder what's happening? Still on my little phone, as the website is not available via my work PC. Which could be our office IT not allowing it. :o Sigh...
    Things are same here. Plugging along and trying to keep myself focused and not obsessing over the scale... April is flying by and it is getting warmer here slowly but surely. No complaints!
    Need to get back to work. Still busy here. Will check back soon. Hope anyone fasting today has an easy day!
  • ryenday
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well, today is a light day for me.

Still working out maintenance caloric needs and fitting 5:2 into my strength training schedule. I don’t want to have a ‘light’ day the day after I strength train, and if possible not the day I actually train either. But I don’t train 2 days in a row either. And I can not train on Sundays (yet, there might be good news on a borrowed home weight set next month if my Brother in Law can be trusted) and for lifestyle reasons don’t want to fast on Sundays either. The math and schedules just don’t actually work. :(

So I’m going to go to an alternating 5:2 then 6:1 schedule. I’m loath to leave 5:2 behind ( I never could have lost the weight without it and my pitifully low caloric needs mean 5:2 enables me to eat more like a normal person most of the time) but I don’t think 6:1 will do enough of the trick. So I will try this.

I get even more fixated on the scale fluctuations now that I’m trying for maintenance- truly it is harder for me than weight loss was. A learning curve, I hope. I still wish I had more that 1350 calories a day to play with - and this year with ear infections mucking up my swim schedule it is hard to earn extra calories! My Hula Hoop is very good for me - and fun! , but not nearly the calorie burn that lap swimming provides.

Ach. Well, I’ll figure it all out. I have a hard cap of 145 pounds as my maintenance weight ceiling - I would not object to being 10 lb lighter (that is max low weight tho, I’ve always looked a bit sickly under that weight and now that I’m older I do need a bit of a weight cushion, I understand), but I’m not going to restrict calories or exercise extra to get there. If it happens, it happens.

Best wishes to you all!!!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi all a brief check in, all positive here found some new healthy favs at my local supermarket, a low fat vanilla yogurt that tastes creamier than custard and tackles my sweet craving.
    Everyone sounds so focused it's motivating to read. The weather has brightened up and it's great to feel a healthier smaller me ready for the sun!
    Thanks Jknight i will carry on weighing raw weight and adding that but just tricky sometimes if you've already cooked it or cooking in bulk for the family and have to devide the cooked weight.
    I'm doing better at managing when eating out having more knowledge in general. It would be helpful if all restaurants had calorific values though!
    Ryenday i hear you, i feel jealous of taller people's calorie budget. I'm having around 1300/1400 daily though with the odd treat and i'm still loosing just slower as i'm not having my low days at the moment. I think this is because i want to loose another 5llbs and be ready/ not feel like i'm going to fall off the wagon when i get there.
    I must say i must be a lucky one as i haven't had any issues with the app but will scream if this post delete's!!
    Mammainthekitchen 700 cals is still good going i think as i haven't had one in a while and i think it will hurt!
    Bye for now x
  • orlcam
    Options
    Got one 40 hour fast in. I really need to get back to 2 a week. Sorry for the short post...been busy.

Everyone have a good weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I lost .4 this week, so the scale is finally going down again!
    Hope to get back down to my all time low, 2 lbs less, by my vacation in two weeks. B)
    Sorry I am brief. Site still acting up on me...
    Will check back soon. Have a great weekend!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Good loss Meghan!
    You’re forgiven Orlcam.
    Sjgold, I’m all for anything that tackles those darn sweet cravings but I find higher fat products do that better for me for some weird reason... probably a keto reason in there..ha! Not that I DO keto, it’s just I think my body likes it...(and my brain likes candy)

Ruined my fast yesterday by indulging in wine... I swear if my grown daughter wasn’t so cranky towards us I’d be 10 lbs lighter!! She’s giving me grey hair too!! Ugh.... I love her but geeezzzz!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Awww... Hang in there Mama! Teenagers are tough!
    Hope everybody is well. Glad it is the weekend!
    Going to get to the gym soon and then hit the supermarket.
    Have a great day!
  • ryenday
    Options
    Worked all day yesterday, so this is a really short weekend. :(. But the weather is really nice today (was kinda sucky yesterday, so I’m contemplating my options. A walk is in order, but not sure where to go. I wonder if goodwill is open on Sunday? That would be quite a long walk, but I could treat myself to some clothes maybe!

I think the plan next week will be odd as husband will be leaving town for a couple of days. Not sure when to schedule my light days. On the one hand if he is t here I won’t be tempted. On the other, I get quite lazy when I have the household to myself. Hmmmm

Hoping everyone is doing well, I’m recommitted to 5:2 after a few less than stellar weeks. Oh, I didn’t gain, the scale stayed pretty much in place, but I certainly indulge myself too much, oral surgery recovery or not.

Off to get my stretching exercising in. Laters!
  • jknight001
    Options
    I continue to move in the wrong direction. Up .2 lbs this week. I think I am getting a little lax on the weekends. I always end up in this place of getting bored with my weight loss journey and wander into more food, which was the reason I started this journey in the first place. :/

Had a great weekend. Got together with some friends to watch the movie Belle at their house. It was a story set in 1700's England about a young girl born of a white navy captain and his black lover who is sent to live with his high society family when the mother dies. It really grapples with the dignity of human life during the time of slavery. Had lots of layers to the story so we liked it quite a bit. Because the movie was set in England, the wife made Shepherd's Pie for dinner. In was quite good.

@sjgold123 - For me, I just weigh the pasta before cooking and after cooking to establish a conversion that I use for future dinners. If I have pre-cooked pasta, I just use the conversion value to get back to the raw pasta weight and, ultimately, the calorie count. As for eating out, if you know about how many calories are in a cup of pasta, you can guesstimate how many calories you are eating.

Heading off to bed. I will start the next week before I do because I am sure it is already Monday for someone in this group. :)