How do you motivate yourself?

Options
What do you do to motivate yourself to get moving? I recently purchased a Garmin Vivosport, so hoping that it will be the kick in the butt I need to get going!

Replies

• katherinebeverly14
    Options
    Good question! I have an under-desk elliptical that worked great for a while to keep me moving. I got a new desk that's a little too short to use it anymore.
    My biggest weight loss motivation is my clothes situation... I have so few outfits that fit anymore that I have to stay in my jeans/t-shirt uniform every day. I'm ready to fit into my cute stuff again!
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've seen those under desk ellipticals before and was intrigued. I have a treadmill at home and I am debating building one of those little desks that sit across the arm bars of the treadmill so I can walk and work during the day.
  • katherinebeverly14
    Options
    I think that sounds amazing. I know one of my bosses has a stationary bike with a desk and it looks super hardcore.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I force myself to wake up 2 hours before my clients start work. This gives me time to lift weights, walk on my treadmill, and make breakfast. Sometimes that makes for really early mornings, but my body is worth it.
    I do it that way, so I will never be "too tired" later in the day.
  • AltSpeaking
    Options
    I think that sounds amazing. I know one of my bosses has a stationary bike with a desk and it looks super hardcore.

I definitely spent pictures of what I want for a treadmill desk to my husband and let him know that it's on the 'honey do' list lol
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to be good about working out with a trainer 2 days a week, but fell off the wagon. Hit up a yoga class yesterday (and feel like I need bonus points for braving a new place with a class taught by someone I graduated from HS with - esp when she looks intimidatingly fabulous). I have tried a few different HIIT routines over the last few months, but I always seem to end up with knee pain.
  • AltSpeaking
    Options
    pplf2001 wrote: »
    I used to be good about working out with a trainer 2 days a week, but fell off the wagon. Hit up a yoga class yesterday (and feel like I need bonus points for braving a new place with a class taught by someone I graduated from HS with - esp when she looks intimidatingly fabulous). I have tried a few different HIIT routines over the last few months, but I always seem to end up with knee pain.

That is definitely worthy of bonus points! Koodos!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit seems to be a great motivator. I have set it for a minimum of 7000 steps and have a reminder during my work day hours to move every hour at least 250 steps. I just walk part way up my street and back about 5 min of walking.

With food I eat what I want with in my calorie allotment. Eating what I want is a motivator also. I just make a few modifications. lower calorie mayonnaise and I drink vitamin waters (Costco brand Kirkland) 0 calories instead of sugary sodas. I think of them as trade offs and not sacrifices. the vitamin waters taste great and with more seasoning less fat can be used. I also pressure cook to hold in moistness and flavor.

With these in combination I am feeling better and it has just been a few weeks.
    FEELING BETTER is the best motivator