Tips and Tricks to Avoid Unhealthy Snacking

Options
Ok, I admit - this used to be a HUGE problem of mine. My office is literally right next to the kitchen, with a doorway from the office right into the kitchen so snacking throughout the day was an ongoing issue. Anyone else struggle with this one?

I had a good talk with my husband at one point about the importance of promoting a healthier diet, and we removed all the unhealthy 'junk' from the house, instead buying healthy snacking options like fresh fruits. Now I can still slip into the kitchen to grab something quick during the day, but the quick options available keep me on track rather than sabotaging my eating habits!

Replies

• fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I tricked myself by buying “Wife-specific” treats. If I bought general, communal snacks, I’d devour them. Now I only buy snacks/sweets only she likes. And because I do the grocery shopping and cooking, if I break this habit, it was a conscious decision on my part.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I also try to avoid buying stuff in the first place - if it isn't in the house I can't eat it. Tortilla chips are my downfall... I can't stop eating them, so I just don't buy them.
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    pplf2001 wrote: »
    I also try to avoid buying stuff in the first place - if it isn't in the house I can't eat it. Tortilla chips are my downfall... I can't stop eating them, so I just don't buy them.

This is my approach - if I only keep healthy choices in the home, I'm only going to choose healthy choices
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As it has been said buy the good stuff. I buy the precut apple slices in individual serving packages. 59 cal each. it is crunchy and sweet and no work just grab open and eat like a bag of chips. I keep yogurt and string cheese is good under 100 cal. so many other good things to keep on hand too. but I do splurge and have ice cream with chocolate sauce or a candy bar. those days I just try to walk more or adjust my next meal to balance. Depravation is not something that promotes success so no guilt if you do eat something yummy just know that you did and move on.