Low Carb friends

Options
2»

Replies

• akmommac
    akmommac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I can always use more keto friends and I share my diary. I’m similar to you on current weight and goals also :-) Down 25 so far and have 7-17 left to go depending on how I feel at 140.
  • SushMathur
    SushMathur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well !
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me also
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I do low carb and I am active and comment every day. Looking for more low carb friends that comment and stay active on the post.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and anyone else also, would be happy to have more support here and support more as well.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a dumb question?

What is the affect of adding friends? I don't do facebook but I suspect that here it is not the same anyway. There are other boards I post on and each has a slight variation in what a friend has access to. But I'm not clear about what a MFP friend really means.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Since I'm new to this! What are the best low carb foods to eat (besides fruit and veggies) I know about those.

Haven't been eating rice or pasta, trying to limit beans and hopefully stop completely one day soon. What else is low carb that I can eat in place of beans and rice? That is not a SOY product can't have it because of bad thyroid. Any suggestions on what I could eat?Would be much appreciated

I was going to recommend organic black soy beans as a bean substitute (they taste just like kidney beans) but you said no soy. I use shreded or pureed cauliflower as a substitute for rice and mashed potatoes. The best noodle substitute that I like is spaghetti squash.....Hope this helps you stay on track.

Why does a bad thyroid prevent you from eating soy beans? Just curious as hubby has a bad thyroid too but the doctor never mentioned soy, yikes.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Add me! I’ve been low carb for 9 years
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting going with LCHF & am one week into the Diet Doctor two week challenge.

Happy to have a few LC friends to cheer me on and keep me right.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a dumb question?

What is the affect of adding friends? I don't do facebook but I suspect that here it is not the same anyway. There are other boards I post on and each has a slight variation in what a friend has access to. But I'm not clear about what a MFP friend really means.

You can see your friends food diaries if they are public (you have to change the setting so your friends can see yours).

You can make statuses and they can see them and you can see there’s. You can see their progress pictures. A few other things too.