Flex 2 wrist strap

Options
Locolady98
Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
Okay, is it just me? My Flex 2 just arrived today, and the wrist strap that comes with it... the clasp is unbelievably difficult to open. I barely managed to click it shut to put it on, and now I'm having a heck of a time taking it off.

Am I missing something, or is it meant to be really hard to take off? OMG. I mean, seriously, I need pliers to get it off.

Replies

• KaitlynKnepp
    KaitlynKnepp Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Haha! I just got mine today as well and about bruised my fingers trying to get it off. I believe its meant to be difficult to unbuckle do to swimming, etc.
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hmm. This could present a problem. Maybe I'll get a 3rd party wrist strap. I got it specifically so I could switch easily between having it on my wrist (where a chat with a Fitbit sales rep told me tracking and sleep monitoring is most accurate) to clipping to my bra, hidden, in a magnetic holder.

All of this is because of a work rule. At work, we're not permitted to have "personal electronic devices" (including fitness trackers) because of potential distraction. If I have this clipped to my bra, nobody will be the wiser, and it won't be distracting me there. After all, I won't be looking down my shirt at work. So, I'll be following the spirit of the rule, if not the letter, and nobody will know. And I get to track my fitness at work, and sync it when I get home.

Time for a quick trip to Amazon... Okay. That was easy. $8 for a set of 3 sport bands with traditional buckle closure.
  • jenni3001
    jenni3001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the flex 2 as well. I bought a 3rd party bangle for it and I also have a necklace. Both look like nice pieces of jewelry and no-one would know you're wearing it.
  • RahRahShaw17
    RahRahShaw17 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jenni3001,
    Mind sharing where you purchased the bangle and necklace that look like nice pieces of jewelry? Everything I find seems to still look chintzy. I dress up for my job and would like something that goes better with my work attire.
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love all my fit bit flex 2 bands. I have the "wish" app and you can buy all kinds of stuff for the fit bit flex 2 on it the jewelry bangle and neckless and all the colors for the bands plus little jewelry for the colored bands. vysn76dvx8fz.jpeg
  • lizza9311
    lizza9311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of 7 bands with the traditional wrist watch closure. Much easier to put on and take off!