Seeking Chronic Illness/Chronic Pain Friends

CharisSunny
CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
Fibromyalgia
Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disorder
Wonky joints
Consistently injured gym rat

I want to be able to share both my whining and my triumphs on my feed without feeling like I'm b!tching at the ether.

That's about it.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi CharisSunny! FM, Celiac disease, and a bit of Osteoarthritis here, lol. I will try a friend request. My profile is public and I read and comment occasionally on my newsfeed. Have you accessed this thread? community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10104325/medscape-updates-on-clinical-studies-medical-professionals-continuing-ed-site-re-fm#latest
    I post the latest verified scientific studies on FM there from a Medical continuing ed. site (I was a Physical Rehab Assistant before I got ill)
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,042 Member
    I have Fibro, always open to new friends. I also have my diary open to friends and check in daily, I’ll send a friend request.
  • CharisSunny
    Thank you ladies!
    Lovely connecting with you :)
  • CharisSunny
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hi CharisSunny! FM, Celiac disease, and a bit of Osteoarthritis here, lol. I will try a friend request. My profile is public and I read and comment occasionally on my newsfeed. Have you accessed this thread? community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10104325/medscape-updates-on-clinical-studies-medical-professionals-continuing-ed-site-re-fm#latest
    I post the latest verified scientific studies on FM there from a Medical continuing ed. site (I was a Physical Rehab Assistant before I got ill)

Thank you! I'll browse as my anxiety allows.
  • PainFreeLady
    PainFreeLady Posts: 1 Member
    Hi CharisSunny.
    I also have Fibromyalgia, hypothyroid, Celiac, and the list goes on and on
    I am just beginning MFP. So many meds.
    I need friends, too. I’ll contact you. Looking forward to talking
  • canadjineh
    Hi @PainFreeLady! You are welcome to friend me too as we have a lot in common, lol. I'm avoiding Hashimoto's or hypothyroidism by supplementing with selenium. It's dropped my antibodies from over 1100 to approx 200 now. Still working on that but at least my other thyroid measurements are all in normal ranges.
  • dalynnrmc
    dalynnrmc Posts: 29 Member
    Hi ladies! I posted an intro thread but thought I’d chime in here. I’m 38 with fibro and diabetes, and have over 100 lbs to lose.

Really needing some like-minded friends who get it!

Happy to be here and can’t wait to get to know you all!
  • canadjineh
    Hi @dalynnmc! Will try to friend :) Welcome to MFP!
  • natyyl85510
    natyyl85510 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi feel free to add me as a friend I've already to tried to add a few off you I'm a fellow pain suffer
    I have fibromalagia, osteo arthritis chronic pain syndrome hip dysplasia and a few herniated discs
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Hi everybody,

I have auto-immune disease, fibro, psoriatic arthritis, bulging disks, rolling joints, and scoliosis and several un-diagnosed conditions I'm sure.

I do not take any medication and am working the holistic approach. I have been eating an anti-inflammatory diet since January that has made a big difference. I have less pain and inflammation and more energy.

I haven't really started working out again as I am just trying to focus on my health right now and lose weight in the process. I have lost 58lbs from my highest weight so far. I plan to start slowly introducing some light workouts soon.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • melmerritt33
    Hi Becka, welcome, sounds like you have a lot to deal with but are doing as well as you can. I’m always open to new friends here so I’ll send a friend request.
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Hi i have fybromyalgia, spondylitis, hypermobile EDS, also waiting to get tested for sleep apnonea and sjorgens syndrome. Use food for comfort and really find it hard to fet my weight off but really need to as affecting my health. Also son getting married next year. Would love to have people with similar issues to support each other
  • canadjineh
    Hi @darleenturner, you are welcome to friend me. My niece is getting married in just over 3 weeks, but of course due to Covid-19 it's going to be tiny (25) and outdoors. I've gained a bit of covid weight :s so I'd like to smarten up, get back to my proper eating style, and lose some before the wedding. I tend to use food for comfort too. Mainly the salty stuff....
    chips/crisps, GF crackers and pretzels, along with LOTS of good cheeses.
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    I am very much a compulsive eater and never seem to feel full. Not as active as i have been and been eating all the wrong things but determined to get back on track. My downfalls is food in general.

my son's wedding is next year and he is worried that it may not go ahead due to limit of numbers and a lot of money to spend for a few people. they are currently deciding whether to cancel and just get married in a registry office or change the date till 2022 and get married at a registry office next year and celebrate a year after. It is going to be a hard decision.

hopefully you can get yours off in time.
  • canadjineh
    I think the wedding will come off OK @darleenturner, as here in BC our active cases are dropping and in the area we live in everyone is being quite good (so far) at complying with masking and distancing recommendations.
    As to getting the weight off in time, that may be a different matter. I am trialing a THC/CBD gummy at bedtime to help with pain and sleep. If it works, getting proper amounts of rest will likely ease my cravings for food outside of mealtimes.
  • canadjineh
    Greetings all, it's been a while since I posted on this thread, working on the frontlines during Covid and caring for my aging parents with Lewy Body Dementia has taken up all the space in my life these days. At least I got my Moderna vaccine at the end of January, so that's helped me feel a bit less anxious. Unfortunately, I haven't been eating my usual low carb healthy fats style and have gained a bit of weight. 15-20 lbs to come off.
    The THC/CBD gummies did work well for pain control and better sleep, but super pricey. I had to switch to a 1:1 oil that I take - 1ml of MCT oil with cannabis distillate equal to .41g of dried cannabis. I take it 1 hr before bed and it works like a charm. My MD gave me a letter (like a prescription) that I can use to get a medical tax credit on my yearly income tax.

BTW, here's a picture of the bride and groom, my niece and new nephew at the outdoor wedding at the end of Oct/2020. It was broadcast on Zoom to a bunch of family & friends too, who were not able to attend due to Covid protocol. That's why Kelson has his earbud in, lol.
    ktkbi3rtx4om.jpg
  • canadjineh
    It was a surprise snowfall - the first of the season, a bit early but very pretty for a backdrop.
  • melmerritt33
    Hi, I’ve been off the forums for a while too, beautiful picture, my belated congratulations to them both.

I came back to have another stab at the carnivore diet which failed spectacularly again, another energy crash from not eating enough followed by eating carbs! Bad cycle to get into.

My next plan is to try a ketovore diet, something in between keto and carnivore. The idea being that I have enough plants to keep my brain interested in eating but not so many that my stomach issues come back and not so many that it inflames my Fibro symptoms.,

Glad to see the MCT cannabis mix is working for you and that you had your vaccine.

I had my first dose of AstraZeneca last month, can’t wait to get my second dose. Not worried about the blood clot issues, it’s such a small risk and other medications I’ve taken in my life have had higher risks. For me the risk of complications from COVID is far higher.
  • canadjineh
    Hi @melmerritt33 good to see you back on MFP. I'm sure you'll be more comfy with the ketovore diet you are planning, I think a lot of us get into the mindset 'all or nothing' when most of us are likely better served with a tweaked diet plan that works for us specifically. It's just not always easy to find that sweet spot though, lol.

I've had a bit of extra stress since my husband had the first of 2 surgeries to repair his plumbing innards (remains of an accident when he was a teenager.) This means the second year in a row that his work has been curtailed (workplace accident and surgery last May), and so the accompanying serious drop in revenue is weighing on our minds. He is officially on the list for his second surgery this year (bladder diverticulectomy) to be scheduled sometime between now and Oct. At least we don't have to worry about paying for medical treatment and surgeries here or I'd really be stressed out. Still, it does affect my FM, as we all know.

Good to hear you've had your vaccine! Hubby is on the registration list and will likely get a call for his vaccine appointment by the end of this month. It's probably going to be Astra-Zeneca too, as he is a male, 63 y.o. we aren't that worried about the side effects. We've had some very interesting (not unexpected) side effects from medications/inoculations we've had for travel before, so it's not like we are freaked out by all of this. It's all a matter of weighing the pros and cons, and since both of us know several people including family who have been very ill (not all seniors in homes with comorbidities either) and a couple of friends that have died, we prefer to take the vaccines.

Sending out a big wave to everyone else on this thread, hope you are coping these days! give us a hello when you can!
    tdjfx3flqkcx.png
  • melmerritt33
    @canadjineh Im so sorry about your husband, what a nightmare and yes, any stress does make our Fibro worse. Sending wishes for a good result from his surgery and a quick recovery.

My stomach really suffered after my first foray into plants for my new ketovore plan and after a couple of days back to carnivore have been feeling good again. Even my Fibro pains have been easing off after flaring up after the meals that included plants.

So I’ve changed my plan already! Now going to try a relaxed carnivore eating plan. I’ll allow myself plants if I really want them but it’s not going in my meal planner or on the weekly shop. If I want them I’ll have to want them enough to go out and get them! My carnivore problem appears to be not wanting to eat so then not eating enough and crashing because I don’t have enough energy. I’m thinking relaxed carnivore allowing plenty of flavourings might be my best option.