Hi, I’m new!

Options
jenniepriebe
jenniepriebe Posts: 11 Member
Hello everyone, I’m new to this group & I’m here to get insights, tips and support from those of you who have gone through this process. I am a hopefully having surgery (sleeve) in October.

Replies

• jenniepriebe
    Options
    PS I have zero friends on MFP so feel free to add me!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jenniepriebe! You've come to the right place for tips & support! I had the sleeve done in August 2016. Feel free to ask me anything!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had gastric bypass 4/18/16. I’ll add you as well. Someone had a post recently about a stall. I included a few websites that were really helpful, so check that out. Otherwise I have to remember to send it after I am done working :)
  • jenniepriebe
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    Welcome! I had gastric bypass 4/18/16. I’ll add you as well. Someone had a post recently about a stall. I included a few websites that were really helpful, so check that out. Otherwise I have to remember to send it after I am done working :)

Thanks @jcavanna2, I've been poking around on this board for a few days now & I think I've read every post! I love seeing all the supportive comments & feedback :)
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. VSG 10/5/2016
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I just had VSG 10 days ago. I am feeling really good and have already lost 16 pounds since the surgery.

SW: 241 (5’6)
    Surgery Weight: 229
    Post-Op (10 days): 213
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this group. I am new as well. I am having gastric sleeve surgery on Wednesday and my surgery is scheduled for May 7. I will add you as a friend. Best wishes with your journey.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I've sent you a friend request. I can promise you I don't have all the answers but I will share any knowledge I can.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @jenniepriebe sorry for the delay:

Here are some good resources I have found for products, recipes and just good blog posts:

Bariatric Eating
    The World According to Eggface
    Bariatric Foodie
    Celebrate Vitamins
    Eat the Bear (love their protein powder)
    Chike (love their coffee based protein powders)
    Chocorite - great protein powders and sugar feee chocolates
    Lilly’s Chocolate - tasty sugar free options
    Lakanto - monk fruit based sweetener and products
    Skinnytaste
    Emily Bites
    Weight Watchers
    Once Upon A Chef
    Mels Kitchen Cafe
    Peas and Crayons
    Oh She Glows
    Damn Delicious (love the protein waffle recipe. Doesn’t use protein powder just cottage cheese and eggs for protein sources)
    Syntrax Nectar (they will send you a samplin if all of their offerings for $15 - one time only)
    Thin Slim Foods
    Also - I recently tried Ezekiel bread which is flour free and very good

Some of these sites aren’t specific to Bariatric surgery patients but have good resources and recipes. Some recipes can be modified as well.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am new to this group as well preparing for my sleeve in November! I would like 2 meet some new friends for support and motivation.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this group and had my bypass in August 2008.