Noob from Minnesota

Options
DarthWaderMT
DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
Hello, I am Michael, just starting out finishing my second week. I started IF two month ago eating one meal a day and losing some weight, but IF also helped me get in touch with my body more, and make me realize I have a lot of metebolic issues that need dealing with, like insulin resistance, chronic pain and inflammation, mid afternoon crashes, sleep apnea, mood swings, etc. fasting helped get rid of my sugar and carb addiction, now i am down to around 20 g carbs a day. I have a long way to go, but am loving it so far.

Replies

• 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome to the group! Sustainability is key and I am glad this WOE is working for you. Keep up your hard work!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Thanks 0426Jamie!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    good luck, there's a lot of support in this group and the keto one. My son had lots of your issues and through keto he's lost so much weight and hasn't sleep apnea anymore either and he had been prescribed a mask and machine for over night so it is possible and it does work!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Thanks! I was too, but i could not sleep with it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@DarthWaderMT

I've heard some really good things lately about actual prescribed dental appliances for apnea for those who do not tolerate machine usage well (I'm one, too). I am working to make time for research before my next appointment...
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    *waves* Hello, neighbor (I'm in Iowa).

Just a note: I have sleep apnea and lost a lot of weight, but was unable to get rid of the apnea. Last check was at around 14% body fat, though I'm now higher again. When Dexa finally shows less than 10% body fat, if I still have apnea, I'm going to look into surgery.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options

yup, he managed but the good news is with some weight gone he doesn't need it and the sleep apnea has gone. He was lucky as it was totally weight caused.
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    Thanks. my sleep seems to get better when I am lighter, i was letting my weight creep up, as i have become less tolerant of carbs, even the so called good carbs, that used to make me thin, have turned on me
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @DarthWaderMT good luck!!
  • DarthWaderMT
    Options
    thanks!