Going to Try this

Options
rrriley1970
rrriley1970 Posts: 1 Member
Hi,

So I've seen the news reports of the research and read Longo's book. I'm now determined to try this diet.

However, I don't want to spend $250 for the prolon diet plan. So, I'm going to put together my own foods that meet the macro guidelines for the diet. Not only that, but I thought why not try to follow the foods prolon provides as closely as I can. This would be things like soups, kale crackers, olives etc.

I'm going from this web page which shows the foods in the prolon meal kit. http://fastlifehacks.com/prolon-fast-mimicking-diet-box-contents-calories-macros/

I'll get back to everyone on how it goes. If you want to post you're FMD foods, I'd like to see them.

Rob

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cool! Let us know how it goes. I do my own version too and I love it.
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Rob

The creator of this site, http://foreverfreefrom.com/fasting-mimicking-diet-guide/, has put together a great google spreadsheet: Google FMD Doc

Good luck
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    Hi,

So I've seen the news reports of the research and read Longo's book. I'm now determined to try this diet.

However, I don't want to spend $250 for the prolon diet plan. So, I'm going to put together my own foods that meet the macro guidelines for the diet. Not only that, but I thought why not try to follow the foods prolon provides as closely as I can. This would be things like soups, kale crackers, olives etc.

I'm going from this web page which shows the foods in the prolon meal kit. http://fastlifehacks.com/prolon-fast-mimicking-diet-box-contents-calories-macros/

I'll get back to everyone on how it goes. If you want to post you're FMD foods, I'd like to see them.

Rob

How did it go???
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes, how did it go? I wish this group was more active, would love to see more try this. I am on my second round of FMD. Lost 3.4 lbs. the first round, and kept it off using a 16/8 fasting window. Even with my son and family visiting for a week from out of state (lots of extra eating) and a 4 day vacation in the Berkshires with my cousin and hubby, (LOTS of eating out, way more food than usual), I started this FMD .2 less than I finished the last round. I have always lost VERY slowly, so 3.4 was a lot for me to lose. Expecting no more than 2 lbs. this round.
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finished this round of FMD 2.2 less than start weight (which was .2 less than I finished the last one). So two rounds of FMD led to 5.8 lbs lost. That is great for my 5'1", old female frame, lol. I'm now 5 lbs. from my ultimate goal, probably 2 more rounds, in the next couple of months, if I can keep off the weight each time.

• Uneeknitter
    Options
    I started round 5 today....doing it once every 4 weeks...but have thought about doing every other week.