Weekly Post - 30.04.18 - 06.05.18

jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
Kicking off a new week. May is upon us!

Gained a bit again this week. :# Still overdoing it on the weekends. It is a new week with new possibilities, right?

Have a great week everyone. Let us know how you are doing.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Hi gang!
    Ugh, I hear you @jknight001 about over doing it on the weekends. Has happened to me before. Hope this week goes well.
    The weekend flew by! Started to pull out my summer clothes and try stuff on. Also got some shopping done. My guy got some new shorts and shirts. Looking forward to vacation. We fly out Saturday AM. Jeez that flew!
    Light days today and Thursday this week. Would love to lose .6 or more so I can get back to my low weight before vacation.
    See you all soon! Have a great day!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    I fasted yesterday, and Will again Tomorrow. Today i had 500 kcal ledt after eating dinner so now i'm eating chocolate while watching a movie:)...on a weekday
  • jknight001
    @meghan509 - So excited for you. No matter what you weigh, you can feel marvelous because of all you have accomplished over the year.

@rikkejohnsenrij - Sounds like you are doing well. I love the flexibility that comes with 5:2.

@orlcam - Love the new spring pic. Such joy in that photo. Thx for putting it up.

The board has been pretty quite this week. Hope you all are doing well.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Where does the time go!!! Geez May already!! What happened to April???

Meghan have an awesome time on your vacation!! You’ve worked hard so enjoy the sun and fun!!

@rikkejohnsenrij your night sound like my heaven... chocolate and a movie... now I wanna know which movie??

Thanks for starting us off jknight!

Been busy here... walking my friends dog as well as my own, plus our other car died!!! We’re so dependent on things working!! Ugh!!!!! Not good as entire engine had to be taken apart. Salad for dinner tonight with a little grilled chicken. Almonds for snack today really did stave off hunger! Although I had wine... yes, on a Tuesday!
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    @mamainthekitchen sounds like a horrible day, I hope the car bill wont be too expensive...

I watched "the big hit"...a comedy from last millenium ;) we are usually busy all weekdays and most weekends, so it was a total luxury to watch silly TV and have chocolate
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!
    Thank you for the kind comments! <3 I could not have accomplished what I have in the last year, without this group and the great people here!
    Been busy at work and after hours packing and organizing. Bought a new pair of white jeans today since my pair from last year are too big!
    Definitely counting the days before we fly on Saturday. Weee! I will check in with you all for sure.
    Light day tomorrow and then maintenance calories for a week or more. I come back and then turn around and head to Boston for a few days for business. Should be nice though!
    I will check back soon. Have a good night.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Hi all, i've also gained then lost then gained so i'm returning to 5:2 properly to get back on track. Only thing in the way is bank holiday being this wkd and we are away in our treat associated caravan! So Fri and Tue will be my 500's lol
    I think when i was fairly overweight i had more motivation to loose whereas being the final now half a stone to my probably unrealistic goal and knowing how much i've lost i've hit limbo with faded determination. Just to get through this wkd without too much damage and then get back on track.
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

Hope all is well. Busy and productive light day happening here. Smelling all the lovely leftovers that my colleagues are eating from a meeting that wrapped. :(

Sunny and warm here which is a nice change! Went from winter to summer and skipped spring. LOL

@sjgold123 I totally get it! Losing and gaining over and over is no fun. I recently started back when I was plateauing. No fun either.

Not sure I will see a loss this week but okay with it. Kind of slacked off the last two days. Vacation time on the mind and pretty checked out!

See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    sjgold123 wrote: »
    .... when i was fairly overweight i had more motivation to loose whereas being the final now half a stone to my probably unrealistic goal and knowing how much i've lost i've hit limbo with faded determination.

^^^^^^^ THIS! So much, this! ^^^^^

This weather is a motivator..... my T-shirt’s all look better without the subtle layer of fat covering my muscles!!!
    Sipping tea here... about to try a higher fat yogurt... wondering if it will help keep me fuller longer, as the articles I’ve read have led me to believe! Ha!

Car is not looking good. We were given a loner and the husband complained to Audi Canada! It’s a 4 year old car, just a few months past warranty! Argh!!!!

Have a great Wednesday people!
    I’m going to try and fast today!

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Hey everyone, just checking in. No fasting this week (yet?) and pushed the carbs too...looking to get back on track. I was lucky to get 2 long ones in last week.

Thanks @jknight001 , it reminds me of my daughter at that age...I wish I would have taken the picture, but it's from the public domain.

I see some people are struggling...I'm right there with you. Cooking and logging is key for me, and being that I haven't been able to this week, it led to my first serious round of carb cheating. Wish I could have implemented the "never 2 days in a row" rule you all were talking about last week.

Have fun on your trip @Meghan509 !

See you next week.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Noticing the words "could have", "wish" and "haven't" in my post...not really the right frame of mind; maybe that's where I should focus my energies.
  • jknight001
    orlcam wrote: »
    Noticing the words "could have", "wish" and "haven't" in my post...not really the right frame of mind; maybe that's where I should focus my energies.

That is so honest @orlcam. Our words do locate us. Change our words, change our lives. Out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Wishing @Meghan509 a wonderful vacation, although I expect she is already offline. B)

@mamainthekitchen - a lot of articles say the full fat dairy is better for weight loss. It always seems that when someone has an idea on how to improve food for health reasons, they are wrong in the long run. Think diet soda. Wondering if GMOs are just big mistake tsunami coming to roll over us.

Forgot to mention I dropped a pound today. Glad I am going the right direction this week. Doing my blood work this coming week for my physical the following week. Hoping to see some improvement in my triglyceride level. A little excited, a little nervous.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Well I’ve been noticing that I am fuller longer after consuming full fat foods and the sugar cravings are a tad less (craving aka habit!). Although I did have some chocolate last night, it’s because my daughter shared hers with me while watching tv, but I didn’t buy any or go get it myself.... that’s good for me in my books! ;) I’m still reading lots on keto woe, there’s a ton on the internet!!! Still not convinced it’s the best idea as I can’t wrap my head around not clogging your arteries with it.... I’m going to inherit my families stroke & heart challenges!!!
    Low carb and high fat while doing 5:2 is the best for me so far.... it’s just being consistent is the trick!!
    Planning on eggs & bacon for brunch today... haven’t had that treat for about 5 months!
    Happy Sunday people!
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!
    Sending hugs to you all from beautiful Dominican Republic. <3
    Lots of eating and drinking happening here but that's okay. When we are back we will get back on track. Nice to have a little break. B)
    Keeping this short and will check in during the week.
    XO, Meg