Instant Pot Newbie

debrakgoogins
debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
I just recently joined the IP train after my sister served me an amazing Mississippi Pot Roast she made in one hour. I am just learning how to use it but found that it makes good meatloaf and it's great for cooking sweet potatoes. Anyone else using one? I did a search and saw a couple posts about eggs and yogurt but wondering about other things you have done successfully.

Replies

• Snickers2424
    Snickers2424 Posts: 16 Member
    My favorite staples to cook in a pressure cooker is beans and brown rice. We eat a lot of beans. I soak them overnight, throw them in the pot, add some low sodium veggie broth, a quartered whole onion, a jalapeño slit down the middle, and that's about it. I add salt if needed when they are all done cooking. I first bought a Power Cooker xl, and recently bought an Instant Pot. Do you do Pinterest? Lots of recipes on there for Instant Pot!
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited May 2018
    my first attempt with my IP was hard cooked eggs; and they seemed easier to even peel. I love my IP. I got a ton of recipes from pinterest, also. Facebook, also has sites; and I learned from one site; to have different colored rubber rings, from amazon; like one for any recipe that uses onion, use rings for different
    foods that have an odor that clings to rubber ring. I haven't gotten them yet;. but so going to.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    So, an update, I now use my IP about 5 out of 7 nights a week. We've made bbq pulled chicken, beef stroganoff, roast, porqupine meatballs, hard boiled eggs (will NEVER make them another way now), jambalaya, yogurt, and some other basic dishes. I bought the extra rings so that I can use one for sweet and one for savory.