May 2018 Basics Challenge: Week 1 (5/1-5/7)

Options
2»

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I thought I could edit my above post to add in my daily achievements but I guess not! So, I just copied and pasted.

Carb goal:
  • maureli
    Options
    I thought I could edit my above post to add in my daily achievements but I guess not! So, I just copied and pasted.

Carb goal:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    maureli wrote: »

Carb goal:

Looks like MFP is being weird.
    Did you by any chance use phone emojis? Using emojis from the available ones in the smiley by your spacebar (Android. I don't know what iPhone's stuff looks like) breaks MFP and eats part of posts containing them every time. Use the ones available from the app edits (to the right of "Reply," above the text box here in the MFP app) are the only ones you can use. I'll come in and post some screenshots in the morning.

• kyoumans84
    kyoumans84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    May 4:
    hydrated = yep
    Carbs = 19 net
    Calorie goal = 81 over.

Two out of three ain’t bad! Doing great today so far, will report back tomorrow :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    The intentions were pure until TGIF dinner out shot them to hell. I made up for it today with 17k steps and back on the low carb wagon. One “flex” meal isn’t going to take me down! I’ll try another 5k run tomorrow.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Weekend steps-under 6700, 8085, 8010
    Fri I didn't get outside or to the gym, have to do better.
    I had a good weekend overall but am seeing the scale up a couple lbs this morning. Discouraging but not enough to change my positive outlook or my habits :)
  • baconslave
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Sorry my posting has been MIA. Weekends are crazyface. :scream:

Fri 5/4:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: walk/jog intervals:+1:
    Remember NEAT:+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:
    8/8

Sat 5/5:
    Exercise: other than warming my kid up for her soccer game with passing-none
    Remember NEAT:+1:
    7/8

Sun 5/6:
    Exercise: SLOTH:+1:
    Remember NEAT: :+1:
    7/8
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - 6 mile hike

Today's quickie:
    Deadlift - 3x5 @ 110 pounds
    Pushup - 3x8
    Inverted Rows - 3x8
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Also, since it's warmer, this week I'm playing with iced green tea in the morning on my way to the gym instead of coffee. Trying to cut down on my cream calories. I will still have a cup at work, probably, but wanted to try this out. Without my coffee level caffeination, I did NOT want to go into the gym.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I hear you @cadori- my Starbucks habit is off the charts for the last few weeks and they are heavy handed with the cream. My food choices have been less than par due to more stress at work over the last few weeks with more to come. I’ve stayed mostly low carb but have been way over calorie limits even though NEAT has been pretty decent and my workouts are consistent. I fully expect the scale to jump at this week’s weigh in. I need to focus elsewhere when the stress starts to climb. It’s only Monday so I’ll try and pull it together for the rest of the week.
  • maureli
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Looks like MFP is being weird.
    Did you by any chance use phone emojis? Using emojis from the available ones in the smiley by your spacebar (Android. I don't know what iPhone's stuff looks like) breaks MFP and eats part of posts containing them every time. Use the ones available from the app edits (to the right of "Reply," above the text box here in the MFP app) are the only ones you can use. I'll come in and post some screenshots in the morning.

Yes! Something was going on, and I did not want to try yet again and just keep posting like that. lol It very well could have been emojiis, I was using a mac laptop and they have a bunch right on the touchbar.
    ANYWAY

I had a very sucessful week last week, only issue was I think my electrolites were definitely off. So, I added a bit of salt to my water jug, and a bit of lemon. I think it did the trick , but I havent had to do it since.

Net carbs have been ranging from 25g-40g or so. All depends on whether I eat that 1/2 bagel for breakfast or not.

• maureli
    Options
    May 7:
    Water: yes
    Net carbs: 42g
    Calories: under goal
    Exercise: none
  • baconslave
    Options
    Mon 5/7:
    Exercise: strength:+1:
    Remember NEAT: :+1:
    8/8
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Did 2 x 20hr fasts
    Other days 16hrs - 8hr eating window
    Ate well on Low carb
    Lost 2lbs
    Happy happy
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The first week went well. I stayed on target with food and I exercised most every day. Mostly hikes and treadmill jogging. I need to squeeze in some strength training too though.

Edited: I got my dates mixed up so I kind of lied. 5/7 I had to travel 5 hours out and then back for a funeral and I had a bit of off plan eating. I had some gelato and some pizza. I was passing by a spot with the best gluten free crust I have ever had and pizza is perfect for eating while driving! :)