Surgery Monday

Options
lindanewland37
lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
I got the call from the hospital today with my surgery time - 8:30 Monday morning. I should get to come home Wednesday if all goes well. I'm pretty nervous. Getting the gastric sleeve because bypass wont' work with all of the meds I have to take for rheumatoid arthritis.

Replies

• kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!!! I know you will do great!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Saying prayers for you and your medical team.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hope your surgery went well! I’m sure the last thing you want to do is type out a message.
    But, I hope your doing well :)
  • lindanewland37
    lindanewland37 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Everything went well and I am home now. The doctor said it could not have gone any better. I am having no problem drinking water or my protein shakes and the pain is minimal. I feel way better than I expected to just a few days out from surgery.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you... @lindanewlans37 . BUT, take it easy and don’t do more that you think you have to. Chill. Relax. Oh, and watch some bad TV while you’re recovery. We’ll be for you!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the surgery @lindanewland37! Glad everything is going great for you! Like @HappyKat5 said, relax and enjoy the bad tv. I did and found I was glad not to be hungry since it seemed every commercial was for Burger King, McDonald's Arby's or some other fast food joint.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congrats!