First skin removal surgery Tuesday

Options
clcmfp
clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
I’m so nervous! Way more nervous than I was to get the sleeve. Any words of wisdom or advice from those who’ve done it? I’m having a lower body lift, modified medial thigh lift (top half of thighs), lipo and fat transfer to my butt.

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I can't say much on this topic, but I did have a tummy tuck and liposuction after my last child was born (and this before my gastrectomy.)
    My advice is get plenty of rest and let your body heal. Be selfish for a bit and think about yourself. I wanted to be up and about to care for everyone and trust me that was not the best thing for me. That being said, when you are able to walk around (which you will often have to do before you get discharged) do the best that you can. You will probably be sore and swollen, but its good to get your blood moving to help repair your muscle tissue. You will say (and I guarantee it :D ) you will say to yourself..."Why did I do this?" Those thoughts are because you will be in pain, just being honest. The good medicine that you get in the beginning WILL dissipate and you will feel tender especially around your incisions. Listen to your doctors instructions, however, if they haven't had surgery before...LISTEN to your body. if you feel something is not right, voice your concern even if you think your being annoying. Lastly, wear your compression garment even when really want to take it off. It's important to keep everything tight and bound until you fully recover. Lastly, don't be discouraged if you don't see what you thought at the beginning, it usually takes a couple of months to see the final result. I hope I didn't scare you, I realize every surgery/patient is different. I wish you the best of luck and a speed (but full) recovery.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You didn’t scare me at all. Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I do way better with the truth than rainbows! Somehow preparing for the worst helps calm my anxiety, but the only thing that will really make it go away is just to be on the other side of this and experience it for myself. But the more stories I gather, the better understanding I get of the range of what I might experience from the people who say is was just uncomfortable to those who say it’s the worst pain they’ve experienced short of a kidney stone. At least I’ve had one of those for reference... Thanks again!
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    I know some people had surgery this week. I hope your doing well! And that recovery is not to painful.
    Stay rested!
    Happy Healing o:)
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    So happy you made it through, You will get better more and more everyday. Just be patient.
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a successful surgery! We want piccys B/A's :D:D;)
  • soangelakay
    soangelakay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • HappyKat5
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @clcmfp Look at you knocking down in some years already! Crap...I wrote a really good post and it didn’t load...now I don’t remember what I wrote...
    But it was good! I’ll remember it later, hopefully. Anyways, keep hanging in there!