My Goal

Options
escapebooks
escapebooks Posts: 4 Member
Hi! Been using MFP on and off for a few years but never posted. Looking for a group to help me stay on track and be consistent and to motivate each other. My dream is to lose 50 lbs (been a dream for 25+ years!).

Short term goal is to lose at least 15 lbs by the end of June and at least 25 by mid-August before my vacation in Hawaii. I want to wear sleeveless dresses for the first time since high school - 25+ years ago :-)

I'm vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs) though you don't need to be to join me. I'd also like to eat healthier, cleaner, and less carbs. If anyone would like to join me on this journey, I'd love to have some company!

Replies

• 1pear2
    1pear2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I have the same dream. I came to the realization the other day that I am too young to be this out of shape and I need to work on myself. I want to lose around 40 pounds by September ( or at least a lot of fat) and I know I can't do it alone. Definitely could use a buddy on this journey!
  • needsMoreGoodstuff
    needsMoreGoodstuff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, attempting to lose 40-50 lbs as well. I'm pescatarian so I'll mostly be sticking to vegetarian meals. Hoping to get a bit of extra motivation by joining this group.
  • escapebooks
    escapebooks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you both! I'm not sure how this group/friends thing works on MFP but I'd love to know more about what you're doing currently in terms of weight loss and anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a mother of 3 in my late 40's. I've been overweight since my teenage years and have been at the same weight - give or take 15 pounds - for 25 years. The only reason I don't have more to lose is because I'm almost always dieting to stay close to my "set point". I've done almost every diet imaginable except the healthy ones where you learn to eat right. I'm a processed food junkie!

This latest attempt I just started today, after a month of nonstop eating and gaining back (plus some more) of what I'd lost on my last diet (even after joining the gym and working out almost every day!)

I'm holding on to the last vestiges of hope that I'm successful this time...
  • YannaChandell
    YannaChandell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've recently just had a baby 2 months ago, and I am also looking to lose 50+ pounds by the end of September! I've been trying to eat right, I eventually want to transition into a vegetarian, than hoping to switch all the way to vegan. If anyone has great meal plans they'd like to share that would be great. I used to be a big big big meat eater, I've already cut out red meats, I only eat chicken, turkey, & fish.
  • LRai132
    LRai132 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I just got back into the whole MFP thing this week after having several bad months and I'm really hoping to get down as much as possible before a family holiday in August.

Overall, I have a lot more than 50 to lose, but I'm mostly vegan (vegetarian fully, almost never eggs, struggle from time to time with dairy and other animal products).

It's great to group up with people who have similar time goals! :smiley:
  • jamosanna
    jamosanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!! I've just recently gotten back into the MFP thing also, been out for a few years (depression/anxiety sux). I am also trying the vegetarian thing, slowly cutting out meats. Seems like my face is clearing up too.

I have over 100 to lose so i'm sure this will be a struggle but with the nutritionist and other assistance I have more hope that I can do this.

I just noticed no one has posted since 2018, I hope yall are still active.