Been eating Keto for 2 months and binged two days ago

Options
tkay906363
tkay906363 Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone. I’ve been keto for about 2 months. I haven’t been weighing or tracking my macros. Two days ago I was hungry and needed to go grocery shopping. I didn’t have my go to foods. Before I knew it, I ate the rest of my steak, cookies and a KitKat bar. I felt so yucky afterwards. I am now back on my plan. I joined mfp today to keep track and have some accountability. I definitely feel better eating keto

Replies

• mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't stress or beat yourself up about it. Maybe next time, eat more steak ☺
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen. The important thing is that you turned it right back around. Welcome!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Stuff happens. It sounds as if you learned a lesson. Recover gracefully.
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Like @nvmomketo I take me something to drink when I shop, usually ketorade or a bottle of water. I think that we all have those break downs, especially in the beginning as we're fat adapting. It gets easier to stay away from the carb foods knowing how sick we're going to be if we overindulge. Just chock it up to having a learning experience and keto on. :smile:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that. No problem.

You're back on track. It happens. Now you know the value of planning ahead. Thumbs up.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing in my opinion. You had an oops moment, owned it and moved on. Don't be like I used to be because I would over think it and then the guilt/frustration stuff would take over. (Atleast that used to happen to me ;) ) I've worked hard to stop that pattern. Now I start with the next meal and keep moving forward.

When it comes to shopping if my husband and I are hungry we get an unsweetened Iced Tea (all our stores have a starbucks) and sip on that the entire journey through the store. It tames our desire to indulge.
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had a rough week when my birthday came around. One meal slid into a whole week when my family surprised me by coming in to town. But once they left, I got right back on it! You've already done the hardest part, deciding to go back to this way of eating and battle through the cravings.

My husband and I also do our grocery shopping online and I pick it up on my way home from work. You can't be tempted by all the treats and great deals for sugar if you don't go in there ;).
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    No biggie! You're human! :-)
    One thing that helps me is to have a new keto recipe to shop for when I go to the grocery store. I'm focused on getting those ingredients, so that's top of mind, rather than the lure of KitKats. I am going to try the coffee trick next time, though! Can never get enough of that!