A newbie to the group

Options
galfromaway
galfromaway Posts: 4 Member
Hi there. I'm just getting back into My Fitness Pal. I'm a 46 year old mom of a five year old, married for 8 years, perimenopausal and am living in a body I'm not familiar with anymore. I'm about 20 lbs heavier than I'd like to be, and am going through some mild symptoms lately -- light hot flashes, some restless sleep. Right now I'm getting started with a fitness program again, and am really anxious to get myself back on track.

Nice to meet folks. :)

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

10 lbs heavier here! I'm 53.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    8-10Lbs heaver than I'd like to be/was. 53 as well!
  • aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and 12-15 pounds more than I'd like to be. My night sweats have really been killing my sleep lately - and we know that lack of sleep doesn't help with weight loss. I'm determined to lose these extra pounds this summer!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and 12-15 pounds more than I'd like to be. My night sweats have really been killing my sleep lately - and we know that lack of sleep doesn't help with weight loss. I'm determined to lose these extra pounds this summer!!!

You and me both. I've been saying this for quite some time, but GAH. After being very slim for so so many years, this sucks.
  • bizybeemom
    bizybeemom Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Had a total hysterectomy at age 32 and did ok until the past 2 years. I’m now 42 and I’ve gained 25 pounds in 2 years. I had crept up a little before that but it went off the rails 2 years ago. Trying to lose 35-45 pounds and it just seems impossible.
  • galfromaway
    galfromaway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone!
    Night sweats suck. Mine aren't as severe this time around, but my sleep is restless again.
    I want to lose as much as I can between now and the summer. And it does feel impossible. Today's workout was really rough emotionally -- I cried through a lot of it for some reason. Just fighting through these early days of a fitness program I guess.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have had irregular periods since December. I am about 20-40 lbs more than I would like to be. 20 lbs would get me in the healthy weight range, 40 lbs would be my ideal but I don't have to be there.
    I lost 25 lbs about 3 years ago but gained back 10 and then have pretty much maintained for a year. I'd like to get those 20 lbs off by the end of the year.
    Just found out I am hypothyroid so hopefully treating that will help.
  • icecoffee29
    icecoffee29 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi... again...
    Its been a long while since I've been on my fitness... Started up again this past week... I'm 53 yrs old.. ugh .. i hate getting older..jajaja... OK anyway... my period has stopped but the weight gained is still around. I have at the least 100 pounds shed... I can't think about that number...seems so large!!
    I'm going for a smaller goal... 10 pounds ...

sue
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 with a four year old. I gained a lot of weight when she was born and found it extremely difficult to get it off. I lost about 40 lbs 2 years ago, but gain 20 back in the last year. I've been low-carb since February and have only lost a couple of pounds.