Dry mouth or weird taste during Pre-Op diet

Options
AnnieB55978
AnnieB55978 Posts: 6 Member
Has anyone experienced increased thirst, dry mouth, and an off taste during the Pre-op liquid diet? I am curious as to why this may be happening to me.

Replies

• ladybug2659
    ladybug2659 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    AnnieB55978 if you are following the pre-op diet you may be in ketosis fat burning mode. If you are restricting carbs and fat while upping your protein, you may have cotton mouth and bad breath which I have been fighting for 4 months post op. Drink water sip sip and adding real organic lemon does help.
  • AnnieB55978
    AnnieB55978 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you @ladybug2659 I didn't think of that. I have been getting carbs in the form of cooked and pureed vegetables or blended fruit in smoothies but overall my simple carb intake has decreased significantly.
  • ladybug2659
    ladybug2659 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It’s quite a balancing act... carbs (good carbs). But fact is, swapping out pasta for organic lentil legume pasta (I mix in diced fresh veggies) helps me feel like I am getting the real thing. I can dice grilled chicken in with it too or add Greek yogurt with lots of yellow curry to get that “it’s a real meal” advantage. I eat about 1.5 Oz at a time of these mixtures which gives me over 21g of protein and keeps me full. I stay in the 800 to 1200 calorie range and steadily keep losing at a reasonable rate. Keep up the good work AnnieB55978.