Newbie 100 lbs - looking for friends that get it!

Options

Replies

• char1iej
    char1iej Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, add me to the group. I have a little over 50 lbs to lose - already lost 6.5lbs in 7 days (mostly water weight from what I'm reading). But, I'm on the way to a better me. I'm a 54yo father of 3, husband of 1 and indebted to none. :smiley: I've had MFP for a couple years now (I think). Used it intermittently. From now on, it's going to be a part of my daily efforts -- as I hope the community forums will be.
  • alylostit
    alylostit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose 100 lbs! 39 and mom to an almost 4 year old, I'm sick of feeling lethargic when I've got this little dynamo to chase around. I've been yo-yoing something awful. Having some accountability buddies would be great!
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @caras12 you look amazing, that's so good; well done for all your hard work!
  • ryklrykl
    ryklrykl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 6 for me and I'm honestly feeling competely over my head. I keep reading and reading and I walk away from the literature thinking I don't have the time for all the planning and prepping this is going to take YET I know I deserve the results this way of life delivers. So I figure I need to join a group of people who might feel the same.
    I'd love ❤️ for people more experienced a Keto and technology to help me out!
  • Honeyb428
    Honeyb428 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. Day 1 for me today could use some KETO Buddies. We got this!
  • schen503
    schen503 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me to this group. I am looking to lose 50 lbs in order to bring my A1C below 7 and reduce all fat around my liver.
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just started a few weeks ago and working things out. Always keen for new keto buddies. Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Feel free to add
  • aimeef112
    aimeef112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey I am new to keto and looking to loose about 100 lbs i am doing smaller goals instead of one large goal. Would love to make friends who I can share my food diary, exchange recipes, suggestions and more!!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs so far - 78 of it on keto. Anyone is welcome to add me. My diary is open to friends, but it is not very exciting.
  • vi_msbehavin
    vi_msbehavin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I’m also looking to lose over 100lbs...down 30 so far! Feel free to add me!
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Add me if you're still looking for supportive friends
  • TravelGurrl
    TravelGurrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all - so I'm REALLY late to the party. I had no idea what keto was until I witnessed a friend's posts on FB showing her literally melting away. She explained what was going on and I did some research on my own, so now I'm on the bandwagon!

I think I need to lose about 90 pounds to be what they call "ideal weight" but I'd be completely happy with 40 or 50. For now, I'll just take 10!

I'm sure I have a lot to learn about this - especially all the prepping ahead of time, so I don't come home at night after a long day and just throw some pasta or something together. I look forward to going down the road with all of you!

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Im in! been intermittent fasting 8 weeks, and keto 3weeks now. Lost 20 pounds so far, looking to get down 20-30 more, but mainly I want a healthy belly measurement of 32 inches for my 5.7 ft height. just over 36 inches now. I was losing just fine on IF (one meal a day), but am going to keto, mainly for inflammation reduction, pain management, and energy through out the day, and possibly insulin resistance. 20 total grams carbs a day is working for me, I am noticing less pain in my joints, better than taking advils all day!!!
  • cdale27
    cdale27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have over 150lbs to lose and am down 108lbs and still have 57 more to go. Feel free to add me for positive support.
  • gamesngrades
    gamesngrades Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’ve got a minimum of 70 pounds to lose myself! I’ve tried everything so I’m eager to get started with Keto.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I did keto for 4.5 months and lost over 50 lbs....and then last summer and til now I've gained 30+
    back : (
    Starting again and would like to lose 95 lbs. Feel free to add me, would love keto friends.
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose. I'm currently 285, down 9 lbs from 4 days ago when I started IF and keto. In 2015, I was 360 and diabetic, high blood pressure, etc. I tried paleo and exercise to get that 65 lbs off, but when I saw my brother lose 70 lbs in 7 months, I had to try this WOE out. Also, I'm not diabetic anymore! So excited to keep this going!