Not much of a change...

Options
jlawless1989
jlawless1989 Posts: 12 Member
One photo is from April 3 and the other today. Front on I can see a small difference but side view I still look the same. Damn mommy tummy. Gave birth to my second baby almost 3 months ago.
Only been doing Keto since April 3. 16 lbs weight loss and the scale doesn’t want to move that much the last two weeks, maybe 2 lbs? Just a little frustrating.
p0bxkx1kikr0.jpeg
00xd2p3ctgkv.jpeg

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't look the same...look at how differently the shirt fits.

Take measurements in addition to the scale and photos...it takes a lot sometimes to "see" a change, particularly if the shift is proportional over the whole body, but the tape measure doesn't lie and can be trusted to reflect actual fat loss even sometimes when the scale is being a pita.
  • cricketpower
    cricketpower Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    And please grant yourself some grace. You just gave birth 3 months ago. Stress & lack of sleep do play a huge role in what is going on with our hormones. How do you FEEL? Are you breastfeeding?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I see differences. On the side photos, you are noticeably smaller in the first photo. On the straight on photos, you are smaller in the second. Those two pics are definitely the after photos!

A loss of 16lbs in a little over a month is BIG! A 2lb a week loss is a great rate, if not on the fast side. If you continue losing 2lbs/week, you'll be down about 30lbs by late August!

I agree with cricketpower, that fact that you are actively losing that fast after having a baby is quite amazing. If you are breastfeeding, I'd be careful to not lose too fast so as to compromise that.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, this IS happening for you! I also see 'smoother along the sides of your waist' in the lower photo, maybe you are only looking at poochie belly in front, BUT fat goes all the way around our bodies and you are already losing the 'love handles' and possibly backfat - can't quite see in these photos. WTG! Keep it up, but do make sure to get as much rest (ha!) as you can - I concur with cricketpower.
  • jlawless1989
    jlawless1989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No I’m not breastfeeding at all with this one. And I feel good, mornings are always hardest to get going with the lack of sleep at night but once I get a coffee I’m ok for the day.
    Thanks everyone for the comments and telling me what you see. I’m just hard on myself so it’s helpful when you have others tell you.
  • stacybaker707
    stacybaker707 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You're kicking butt! Congratulations. Keep up the great work!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 14 (years not months) and I still have a bit of mommy-belly...

I'm mostly happy with my belly, but it definitely still has the mommy look...it's just never going to go away, even when it gets smaller and flatter, it still retains that shape, that LOOK...that look that screams I have conquered the world and given birth!!! I also like to call my stretch marks "ritual scarification" as it makes it sound cool and trendy to have such a wicked looking belly...

I have long ago resigned myself to never looking like I did at 18...I will never stop trying to be better than I am today, however, I will never get back to where I was either!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I see the difference! And 3 months postpartum and verrrrry soon for expectations. You're doing great!
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    A loss of 16lbs in a little over a month is BIG! A 2lb a week loss is a great rate, if not on the fast side. If you continue losing 2lbs/week, you'll be down about 30lbs by late August!

agreed. a 2+ lb/week loss is great! *Especially* during a stressful / sleep deprived time. Start looking at all the non-scale victories you have each day. If you can keep motivated you will be to your goal in time.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    One photo is from April 3 and the other today. Front on I can see a small difference but side view I still look the same. Damn mommy tummy. Gave birth to my second baby almost 3 months ago.
    Only been doing Keto since April 3. 16 lbs weight loss and the scale doesn’t want to move that much the last two weeks, maybe 2 lbs? Just a little frustrating.
    p0bxkx1kikr0.jpeg
    00xd2p3ctgkv.jpeg

Hang in there!! I see a difference. I am working on a similar problem and don't have a baby to show for it! I get discouraged at times when the weight seems to come off of every part of my body EXCEPT the belly. It just seems to be a really hard spot to reduce for most women.