Fruit on keto?

Options
I'm new to keto so I'm just learning slowly. I thought I read somewhere that fruit was not allowed. I Looove fruit Mostly berries....but can someone clarify what I can and can't have and how often.

Replies

• ChristineDoesKeto
    ChristineDoesKeto Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you can have what fits your macros but the most low carb ones are berries. for example strawberries, rasberries, blueberries
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from fruit the first couple of weeks. Then slowly add berries if you need to.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Berries are allowed in SMALL portions (2-4 ounces maybe - depending on the type of berry). For example strawberries have less carbs than blueberries. So just be aware of what you're eating. If it fits into your carb allotment for the day, go for it.
  • maria4560h
    maria4560h Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Like 6 blueberries a day is an example allowed on it. Blackberries Raspberries and Strawberries are also allowed in small portions. Avocados are a fruit that you can also eat of course. It has fat and protein in it besides the carbs. This is not the full list of fruits allowed. This is more of a starter basic list. Be careful with fruit since it can easily get you over the sugar amount quickly with everything else eaten in a day.