Memorial Day Murph

Options
13»

Replies

• shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did it! No vest time was 50:44...goal was under an hour so I was happy with that

Wow, killed it by almost 10 minutes. Way to go all out.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey! New to the group!

I tackled Murph today as well! The squats got me!
    I did it straight through.

51:36 No Vest/Chipper
  • shaypearl
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    Hey! New to the group!

I tackled Murph today as well! The squats got me!
    I did it straight through.

51:36 No Vest/Chipper

Nice!
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Murph 2018: It is so hot in Dallas, TX right now. But I did Murph in 73:11. This year was my first time doing the pull-ups with no band. I broke it up into 5 rounds. I was able to beat my time from last year. Afterwards we ate a lot of food and had a water slide for the kids, it was so tempting.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Murph this year...ripped hands around the half way point- like bad ripped(blood dripping off the pull up bar bad)- not complaining, just missing my skin. But managed to only be 17 seconds longer then last year at 51:03. And my first 1 mile was done in under 8 minutes!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I only did a half Murph this year. Unweighted.

My bodyweight strength has been so rubbish lately that I split the reps into 5 push-ups, 5 squats, 5 leg assisted recline row/pull-up hybrid (local park doesn't have many options to scale), 5 squats, 5 push-ups, 5 squats x 10. But I did end up doing an extra round because I kinda lost count.

First mile was about 9 mins, 2nd around 10. So about 45 mins total. Not great. Lots of room for progress. But I'll get better.
  • shaypearl
    edited May 2018
    Options
    krokador wrote: »
    I only did a half Murph this year. Unweighted.

My bodyweight strength has been so rubbish lately that I split the reps into 5 push-ups, 5 squats, 5 leg assisted recline row/pull-up hybrid (local park doesn't have many options to scale), 5 squats, 5 push-ups, 5 squats x 10. But I did end up doing an extra round because I kinda lost count.

First mile was about 9 mins, 2nd around 10. So about 45 mins total. Not great. Lots of room for progress. But I'll get better.[/quote

Way to tack the workout with you had available. Murph can be exhausting. I am still feeling it today. I did not get up and go to the gym. I need a day of rest.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Murph this year...ripped hands around the half way point- like bad ripped(blood dripping off the pull up bar bad)- not complaining, just missing my skin. But managed to only be 17 seconds longer then last year at 51:03. And my first 1 mile was done in under 8 minutes!

WOW, I can’t imagine running a mile until 8 minutes. I know the pain of ripped hands but thankfully I didn’t rip this time. I had on my bear komplex wraps and they got me through. Way to go through!
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yay for always being late in posts!

I did this for the first time, but I only did half. I was an idiot and was taking photos of everyone else doing it while I was attempting it, so naturally I didn't push myself as hard as I could have. I felt it at the end, sure, but I had a lot left in me. So, that was disappointing. He offered some group options involving buddy carries and multi-member barbell squats. It was a really fun day! The camaraderie was wonderful.

So, I did half with no vest in 44:19, and partitioned to 5 sets of 5, 10, 15.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I had to skip it this year because I worked until about 4am that Sunday. Look forward to doing it next year.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Kohanai wrote: »
    Yay for always being late in posts!

I did this for the first time, but I only did half. I was an idiot and was taking photos of everyone else doing it while I was attempting it, so naturally I didn't push myself as hard as I could have. I felt it at the end, sure, but I had a lot left in me. So, that was disappointing. He offered some group options involving buddy carries and multi-member barbell squats. It was a really fun day! The camaraderie was wonderful.

So, I did half with no vest in 44:19, and partitioned to 5 sets of 5, 10, 15.

Good job! Is just something to build off of.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Murph- 2019
    For time:
    1 mile Run
    100 Pull-ups
    200 Push-ups
    300 Squats
    1 mile Run

In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    For 2019 I broke it up differently. After the 1 mile run I did 5 push-ups, 5 pull-ups, 5 push-ups, and 15 squats. I finished at 1:29:42, which is 9 minutes slower than last year. This year I’ve been dealing with a very bad knee and I haven’t been working out consistently so I know I was going to have to dig deep for this one. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Murph- 2020
    For time:
    1 mile Run
    100 Pull-ups
    200 Push-ups
    300 Squats
    1 mile Run

Still dealing with the bad knees. As always I was the last on to finish but my time was 1:14:13. Good luck everyone!!!