Keto Drinks

Jcamp8705
Jcamp8705 Posts: 17 Member
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has tried any keto drinks that are supposed to help you achieve ketosis? I've sort of fell of the wagon lately and was looking for a way to jumpstart my low carb lifestyle again.

Anyway I ordered the Perfect Keto Base here:
https://shop.perfectketo.com/products/exogenous-ketones-keto-supplement

Wondering if anyone has tried this? Or if there is a different preferred one? They are kind of pricy but I saw one girl lost 12lbs in a month using the product coupled with eating well and exercise.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Nope. This will provide no actual benefit. You lose fat when your body makes ketones, not just because you get them into your body.
  • Jcamp8705
    Jcamp8705 Posts: 17 Member
    I mean have you actually tried any of these products? I specifically asked for feedback from people that have tried them. Most of the reviews I've seen on Amazon and their website are pretty positive and I was looking for a non biased opinion on here from someone that has tried it.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,644 Member
    Goat knows what he's talkin bout, no trying of products needed to heed his advice :)
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2018
    I drink the keto coffee , but not any of the keto supplement drinks so sorry , I hope someone answers you who actually knows . but I know I love the coffee ,it helps me in the morning and I feel it keeps me from eating all day , like i may go 6 hours before I eat again .
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    The only people I know who use exogenous ketones are endurance athletes - if you are working out more than 3-4 hours at a stretch your body might not be able to keep up ketone production at a rate sufficient to keep pace with the rate of use.

Marathon runners, tri-atheletes, a few competitive body builders - these are the people I know who swear by needing them to keep up performance.

The average person is not working out long enough or intensely enough to need them. I have never tried them.

Your body is going to burn dietary ketones before it is going to begin metabolizing fat to manufacture ketones. So, to me, it doesn't make sense that you would lose more fat by consuming ketones.

As for the 12 lbs in a month, keep in mind there is an average water loss of 5-6 lbs when starting any low-carb diet (including keto)...and that's just average, some people can easily lose 9 lbs of water when switching from high to low carb...the weight loss numbers usually look quite impressive in the beginning, but weight loss and fat loss are not necessarily the same thing.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,009 Member
    The only people I know who use exogenous ketones are endurance athletes - if you are working out more than 3-4 hours at a stretch your body might not be able to keep up ketone production at a rate sufficient to keep pace with the rate of use.

Marathon runners, tri-atheletes, a few competitive body builders - these are the people I know who swear by needing them to keep up performance.

The average person is not working out long enough or intensely enough to need them. I have never tried them.

Your body is going to burn dietary ketones before it is going to begin metabolizing fat to manufacture ketones. So, to me, it doesn't make sense that you would lose more fat by consuming ketones.

As for the 12 lbs in a month, keep in mind there is an average water loss of 5-6 lbs when starting any low-carb diet (including keto)...and that's just average, some people can easily lose 9 lbs of water when switching from high to low carb...the weight loss numbers usually look quite impressive in the beginning, but weight loss and fat loss are not necessarily the same thing.

Exactly.
    The body burns dietary ketones first. So if you add extra, you're basically shooting yourself in the foot. Having excess ketones like this actually retards lipolysis (fat burning).

OP, the science doesn't support the claims made.
    We're just trying to save you money.
    Weight loss happens by burning more energy than you take in over time. Ketosis makes that easier for some due to hormone shifts that often affect appetite, but it's not the ketosis causing the fat loss.
    People gain weight on ketogenic diets. I've done it. Bodybuilders do it.

There is no magic pill, portal, talisman, or drink.
    You just have to do the work. There's no shortcut.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    I keep reminding myself that there is no shortcut. I have a friend who is currently using/selling the Keto OS MLM stuff. I have been impressed enough by it that I started asking questions. I came very close to parting with my wallet for it, then remembered, they are all scams. I have to do it myself.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I concur with the above in regards to weight loss but I do hope someone pops in and provides their N=1 effects of using exogenous ketones for neurological or other medical reasons. I've considered giving some brand a try to see if continuous "deeper" in ketosis might benefit (minimize) my neurological movement disorder (Cervical Dystonia aka Spasmodic Torticollis). I've not ruled out exogenous ketones (for that purpose) but like so many others with this condition I've gotten weary of years of trials and spending the money associated with it. :/ I'm sure others here can relate in regards to their own experimentation for whatever ails them.