May 2018 Basics Challenge: Week 4 (5/22-5/31)

Options
2»

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5/29

food logged :)
    under calorie limit :)
    met carb limit :)
    exercise in :)

5K run today, yep....slow but sure! And dug up a hosta this afternoon, might I say it was harder than the 5K run! :p

Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success @slimzandra- this might be my new mantra too!
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    5/29
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    5/29: strength and NEAT :+1:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Cardio - struggle, but I did it. Apparently two weeks off is the right length of time for my body to decide it hates exercise.
  • maureli
    Options
    Just a question, what is NEAT? :#
  • baconslave
    Options
    maureli wrote: »

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis:
    "Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking to work, typing, performing yard work, undertaking agricultural tasks and fidgeting."
  • maureli
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis:
    "Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) is the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking to work, typing, performing yard work, undertaking agricultural tasks and fidgeting."

• maureli
    Options
    5/30

Food logged :)
    Net Carbs :)
    Strength workout :)
    Lots of NEAT :):)

Productive day yesterday! Got a strength workout in, lawn mowed, whipper snipping done and weeding in the garden. Phew. Today is suppose to be really nice and hottish so I'm happy all that is done.
    I have discovered nupasta. Haven't actually tried it yet but discovered that it exists. I will be on the hunt this afternoon to find it and hopefully like it! We shall see, I am skeptical.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I've been striving for 165 all year and finally got there this morning. At the beginning of the month I mentioned I had tweaked my macros to up my protein/reduce my fat. That did the trick. Sometimes I'm a little slow to make changes but I can stick with these levels comfortably. Monday we had our first outdoor bike ride of the season (short 5 miles) and we walked after dinner Tue/Wed. Tonight I'm back to spin class after missing 3 of them.

Looking forward to June!
  • baconslave
    Options
    5/31- Interval Training Cardio for 54 min and a game of badminton with the eldest. Plus NEAT in the form of housework.
  • bozmo
    Options
    5/30
    log it :)
    eat it :)

I really don't feel like I've lost any weight / fat this week. The scale will tell tomorrow, but my body is being stubborn.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    5/30

Productive day yesterday! Got a strength workout in, lawn mowed, whipper snipping done and weeding in the garden. Phew. Today is suppose to be really nice and hottish so I'm happy all that is done.
    I have discovered nupasta. Haven't actually tried it yet but discovered that it exists. I will be on the hunt this afternoon to find it and hopefully like it! We shall see, I am skeptical.

If you find you don't like it (nupasta) I suggest Pasta Zero. I'm generally not into newfangled foods but tried Pasta Zero and still purchase it every now and then. It is not a great sub for pasta so nothing I would dream of serving to guests but it is good in a pinch and fairly easy to find in the stores. Locally, Publix. Harris Teeter and Walmart carry it. $1.69 a bag at Harris Teeter. (stocked in the cooler with vegan type foods).

I've read that many of these "pasta" have an odor when opened, need to be rinsed. pan fried first etc. I've found that to not be the case with Pasta Zero brand shirataki noodles. It could be my "sniffer" but my husband has told me on more than one occasion that in the kitchen "you're the most sniffin' and wipin' person I've ever met". LOL. I tend to not like foul odors, I guess. Especially in the kitchen. :) Pasta Zero has no odor but is a "little chewy" in texture though not as chewy and some of the other "fake pastas" I have tried.

Just a suggestion. Let us know about the nupasta when you try it.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    We've had the nupasta here a number of times. We always rinse it off under cold water, but we've never done anything else with it. Just rinse then toss it into whatever we're cooking. The texture is a bit odd the first time, but never had a problem with the taste.
  • bozmo
    Options
    5/31
    log it :|
    eat it :(

I went over carbs a bit yesterday. Not too bad, still in ketosis today.
  • maureli
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    5/30

If you find you don't like it (nupasta) I suggest Pasta Zero. I'm generally not into newfangled foods but tried Pasta Zero and still purchase it every now and then. It is not a great sub for pasta so nothing I would dream of serving to guests but it is good in a pinch and fairly easy to find in the stores. Locally, Publix. Harris Teeter and Walmart carry it. $1.69 a bag at Harris Teeter. (stocked in the cooler with vegan type foods).

I've read that many of these "pasta" have an odor when opened, need to be rinsed. pan fried first etc. I've found that to not be the case with Pasta Zero brand shirataki noodles. It could be my "sniffer" but my husband has told me on more than one occasion that in the kitchen "you're the most sniffin' and wipin' person I've ever met". LOL. I tend to not like foul odors, I guess. Especially in the kitchen. :) Pasta Zero has no odor but is a "little chewy" in texture though not as chewy and some of the other "fake pastas" I have tried.

Just a suggestion. Let us know about the nupasta when you try it.

I have never heard of pasta zero, but I will keep a look out for that too. The nupasta definitely has a different texture but I can definitely make it work and will get it again. I did like a stir fry with lots of garlic, onion, mushrooms and some olive oil. Then topped it with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Next time I might try a sauce or something.

I will check out Walmart next time I am there to see if they have the pasta zero. Thanks!
  • maureli
    Options
    5/31

Logged it all
    Strength workout
    Net carbs good
    under calorie goal

Did an upper body strength workout today. I have a lot of the beach body videos so I can do stuff in my basement room. I did indulge in a glass of white wine after supper but I measure it and logged it. That is something I rarely do with wine!