Weekly Post - 28.05.18 - 03.06.18

Options
KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,526 Member
Starting the week off! Enjoy the holiday for all those celebrating and happy Monday to everyone else!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope those who had a long weekend enjoyed! I did!
    Got to the beach on Saturday which was lovely. Rest of the weekend was productive and fully changed over my closet from winter to summer. Woo hoo!
    Not fasting at the moment, as we are going to be out of town soon. Hoping to eat mostly healthy while in Arizona and get some exercise in. Max's family is pretty good that way.
    Hope all of you are well! Chat soon. B)
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Light day for me. Today and Thursday. I enjoyed my weekend, not overly so, but enough that I need today.
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tried for 600 yesterday, but came in at 865. I was just too hungry and couldn't hold out. But I'm happy that the scale was down .6# this morning!! Yippee!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hello all! We had our long weekend last week but decided to take off to the island (BC coast) so I of course had extra of everything and didn’t measure or log some days... got in some walking which was very nice... nice trails make it so easy.

Sounds like there’s been some good action here lately... didn’t read all of last weeks posts but sounds like people are plugging along and losing the pounds!

Starting a new podcast on intermittent fasting which should kick me back into gear as I’m also one of those that hasn’t got the mojo some days and zero support from hubs as he doesn’t like some of the foods I eat... ie: grilled chicken over salad! He wants a bun or potatoes with it or worse... gravy! I also have feed the skinny son!!

Back home now to catch up on gardening then walk the dog... so usual day around here... then argue about what’s for dinner, yadda yadda....
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Had an unintentional low day. Missed breakfast, salad for lunch, 2 cupcakes for snack and probably just some tuna salad and crackers for dinner.
    @mamainthekitchen Sounds like you had fun! What is the name of your podcast?

@Leeg5656 Congratulations on the loss!

@meghan509 Have fun on your trip!

I cleaned out the garage today because my husband is going to move his office to the house and we need room for the filing cabinets. Anyone need a deep freeze? LOL
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Am I the only one that keeps getting the avocado brownie video in their news feed and feels queasy every time? :s
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Kate the podcast is called The Intermittant Podcast but I also like the 5:2 podcast by Kate Harrison

I just ate anything and everything today...!! fasting tomorrow for sure!!!! Uggh!

And ya, what’s with brownies made with avocado??? Yikes... a keto idea I bet!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys.
    Greetings from warm and sunny Phoenix!
    No fasting for me since we are away, but planning to hop back on the wagon after we get back.
    Honestly have not been doing too bad food wise. Last night we had chicken, black beans and quinoa for dinner. Yummy...
    Have a great day and see you all soon.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen thanks for the podcast names! I’m going to get them for my walks to work.

@Meghan509 Enjoy your mini vacation! I’m in the opposite spot, I started full time work this week.

@KateNkognito I love avocados and guacamole but every recipe I’ve tried (like smoothies etc) with avocado as an ingredient has done two things: made me queasy as I thought about it and tasted absolutely funky awful. Maybe a more talented cook than I can make something of it, but I limit avocados to slices in salads or some delicious guacamole.

@Leeg5656 - yup, I have ‘heavier’ light days too. I’m trying to lose a final five pounds (for sanity reasons, my weight bobbling over and under the ‘bmi normal’ line has been hard to take) but when I go back to maintenance I’m thinking I’ll try to do one ‘light day + protein’ at about 800 calories with the extra calories being mainly protein and then one regular light day.

My anniversary was Tuesday so I did not fast Monday or Tuesday. But had a successful fast yesterday, so I’m plugging away! I want to make sure I’m down these 5 pounds by August vacation, but honestly I really would be happier if I could shed them by the 4th of July. We’ll see. Lol

@jknight001 missing you and hoping all is well!

Happy weekend all!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ohh duh..... re above podcast... it’s Intermittent Fasting Podcast! Forgot the fasting part!!! Also, I mentioned to jknight about the Serial podcast about a kid named Adnan... she binged listened cause it’s that good... a murder trial, if you’re into that sort of thing... well produced and great for walking!!

I felt tired all day... started out with a detox tea... ginger turmeric cayenne and fresh lemon... then got into cookies , but I had soup for dinner and an ice cream cone, I know, really weird combination!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Hope you all are good.
    Hope your first week at full time went well, Rye!
    Yes, Podcasts are fun! I need to listen to Serial. I love murder mysteries and thrillers! Those are the books I am in to. I can make a few recommendations if anyone's interested!?
    Arizona is nice and relaxing. Tonight we go out for the big 80th birthday dinner. :#
    See you soon!