JUMP IN June 2018: Week 1 (6/1-6/7)

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    6/2

Calories over :o
    Net carbs over :o
    No exercise :o

Yesterday was tough. Went to a good friends mothers funeral. After there were finger sandwiches/sweets. I didn't do terribly but I did have some. Later my sister came to stay with me, we had wine and a not very carb-free dinner.

I guess another part of my June goal should be to not get discouraged when days like this happen (because they will happen) and to just get right back at it the next day. In the past a day like this would get me totally off for a few days. Then it spirals and continues. Started today off with a low-carb English muffin (that I made this week from an online recipe). Nothing like the English muffins I know (LOL) but it was ok and I feel like I am starting out on the right foot.
  • 19akire78
    19akire78 Posts: 5 Member
    June goals:

Keep carbs as low as possible each day.
    Not give into cravings when at social gatherings.
    Continue lose no weight, hoping to be close to onederland by the end of June.
  • jewels1nc
    jewels1nc Posts: 38 Member
    Goals:
    Log daily
    Keep carbs <30
    Exercise at least 5 days per week
    Lose 5 lbs
    Try meal prep instead of eating out
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    1. Lose 3-7 lbs without logging - still on track, and scale dipped a bit today
    2. Continue a mostly carnivore diet - mostly... Had some nuts last night and I'm gassy and bloated still
    3. More walking and possible resistance training - not yet, I've had some vertigo so I'm sitting a lot lately
    4. Try physio and start the ball rolling for hip replacement. Eek! - closed on Monday he weekend. ;)

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    The weekend went fairly well so now to keep it up and maybe lose these last pesky 5 pounds. Between yard work, dog walks, running and p90x3, I nailed the exercise and logging. I was able to fast for 16 yesterday and 15 today so I’m not worried about an hour. No snacking last night after dinner and so far, so good tonight. Let’s see what the rest of the week brings!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    Reduced cravings are helping reduce eatings. :) Don't know why reduced weight isn't happening yet but not worrying. Exercising patience, trusting the method.
  • maureli
    6/3

Calories under
    macros good
    Net carbs under

So I had planned a run for yesterday afternoon but I ended up giving that up to plant two trees in my yard that I had been putting off for a week. So, got that done as well as some weeding in the flower beds. Got bit to pieces by horseflies...they were terrible!
    Glad its done though.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    so far so good. My initial plan to keep my carbs super low hasn't worked out, but they have been lower then they have been in a long time. :) Sometimes plans just don't work out like you wanted!
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    6/1 - 6/3
    I was out camping for the weekend. The flowers were beautiful. I did great with the eating and the exercise, but drank a few too many carbs around the campfire. I need to keep at it today! So I'm planning a morning jog.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Some people will do ANYTHING to avoid the gym...
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    6/4:

So far not bad.
    No stress eating.
    Lost 1 pound (toward the five I want for the month).
    Carbs under 30: not so good. But probably under net 30, so I'll take it.
  • marisol787
    marisol787 Posts: 10 Member
    My June goals:
    Lose 9 lbs (currently at 249, so would be great to get back to 240)
    Work out at least 3.5 hours a week (average of 30 minutes per day)
  • taylok23
    Win for me today: a 30 minute run followed by a healthy dinner and no snacking before or after.
  • maureli
    6/4

Calories :)
    Net carbs a bit higher than usual (43net)
    No workout
    Lots of water :)

I work every Monday (casual/part-time) so that if often my no exercise day. Net carbs were a bit higher than they usually are, but was mostly all high fiber vegetables.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Exercise :+1:
    First time with this set since my gym closed for two weeks so I took all the weights down.
    warmup/warmup sets
    RDL - 2x5 @ 70 and 90
    OHP - 5x5 @ 40
    pulldown - 3x5 narrow, 2x5 wide @ 85

Carbs :+1:
    Calories :+1:
    Water :+1:
    Logging :+1:
    IF :+1:

• bozmo
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)
    also did a 6k jog.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    So far 26706 steps for the week, work cut out for me to reach 45k end of Thurs.
    Having tuna and chicken this week along with an Asian salad on the menu.
    Almost 6 hours of gardening/shoveling mulch over the weekend plus a quick bike ride. Better weather for the next 3 days will get me out of the house and more active.
    Spin class Thursday to top it off.
  • taylok23
    Today’s activities were good and I stayed within my calorie limit. I did snack after dinner but I made sure it was low carb and limited the amount. Could I have done without? Sure. I skipped Starbucks today so considered this a small victory. Got my 16:8 in as well.
  • bozmo
    6/5
    plan it :)
    log it :)
    eat it :)

I've upped my carbs to about 35, so its easier to hit for the day. I can have a glass of wine or two and still hit my goal. More importantly I'm still staying in ketosis with the new limits. My blood sugar readings have come down over the past few months and are looking great too, and I think my muscles are now fat adapted. So the extra carbs seem to be a good addition and really make this a more livable way of eating and not just a 'diet'.
This discussion has been closed.