Fathead Pizza

Options
DvlDwnInGA
DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
Made this yesterday. Turned out awesome.

For those of you missing pizza, give it a go. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBl6ykQf8QA&t=13s

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the chicken/parmesan pizza crust...of course, I like chicken, so if you don't like chicken it may not be for you
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I did see KetoConnect do a video on that one as well. I am going to give it a try this weekend. So many new recipes to try.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I make the fathead crust, top with alfredo sauce, mushrooms, and cheese. Yummy! Between that crust and oopsie bread I don't feel like I miss bread.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I love fathead pizza. I make it weekly :-)
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of the fathead - have tried this one twice now - crust holds up much better for me (although full disclosure - I did not have psyllium powder so used flax seed instead)

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza/
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    lisaloumn2 wrote: »
    I wasn't a huge fan of the fathead - have tried this one twice now - crust holds up much better for me (although full disclosure - I did not have psyllium powder so used flax seed instead)

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-pepperoni-pizza/

I use flax seed as well and it is so good , the dough makes 2 pizzas , so I have 2 days worth , so good and feels like a cheat but so not , love it .
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I imagine it is quite delicious. Everyone raves about it.

I can't imagine that basically 2 cups of cheese and 3/4 cup of almond flour would result 6 very large slices (1/6th of the recipe being a serving) or 2 pizzas of much size for 336 calories per slice or 1000+ calories per pizza (half the recipe) and that is just the calories in the crust.

Maybe I'll make a recipe and toss it in the freezer for a quick meal on a day I've been busy and haven't eaten all day. Then it would fit into my sad 1500 daily calories.

I SMH sometimes at myself for being such a calorie counter :/ but I guess it has been effective.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    I imagine it is quite delicious. Everyone raves about it.

I can't imagine that basically 2 cups of cheese and 3/4 cup of almond flour would result 6 very large slices (1/6th of the recipe being a serving) or 2 pizzas of much size for 336 calories per slice or 1000+ calories per pizza (half the recipe) and that is just the calories in the crust.

Maybe I'll make a recipe and toss it in the freezer for a quick meal on a day I've been busy and haven't eaten all day. Then it would fit into my sad 1500 daily calories.

I SMH sometimes at myself for being such a calorie counter :/ but I guess it has been effective.

I've made a similar fat head pizza (mine involves protein powder, flax and coconut flour) and it is small but filling.

My boys (10, 13, 15) will each eat a pizza on their own. If I make fathead pizza for them, they can only eat a couple of slices before it is too much. One pizza for all of them. It's concentrated calories!
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I agree it is very filling. I can only have 2 slices usually and I am stuffed.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I can eat the whole pizza myself in one meal (probably because......cheese). Which is totally sad because that's already my calories for the whole day. Will share with my husband if I do a big salad on the side. Sooooo yummy though.
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I'm too lazy to make the crust after many tries...I use a Protein Up low carb wrap from Walmart, folded in half stuffed with shredded cheese for my crust and then layer topings on it. 10 mins in the oven and it's done.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Smoked33 wrote: »
    Looks good. I'm too lazy to make the crust after many tries...I use a Protein Up low carb wrap from Walmart, folded in half stuffed with shredded cheese for my crust and then layer topings on it. 10 mins in the oven and it's done.

I use a low-carb wrap as the crust for mine as well.
    I ain't got time to go through the mess and effort. Plus, my version is a heck of a lot cheaper on the calories.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Smoked33 wrote: »

I use a low-carb wrap as the crust for mine as well.
    I ain't got time to go through the mess and effort. Plus, my version is a heck of a lot cheaper on the calories.

No kidding!

I rarely make it - its a lot of work... and the amount of cheese used is sort of shocking. LOL