Tracey Going Back to Basics - 13 Pound Gain in 6 Months

tlblanks1
tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
edited May 2018 in Social Groups
Hello OMAD Family,

I am needing to go back to the basics. I have realized, I have not been doing well at all with maintenance. Since starting maintenance on November 9, 2017. I have GAINED 13 pounds. It was easy for me to overlook the extent of my gains when I had a ten pound window, but when I got outside of that window and really looked at where I am it got real. Seeing myself at 163 pounds this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I am up 13 pounds from my maintenance starting weight and I need to get myself together and get my weight into the 140's.

So starting today or last night rather, I am doing an extended fast to Sunday and then will be doing moderate to low carb basic OMAD. I am determined not to go back to where I was and will do what I must do. OMAD has to be a lifestyle for me.

So here it is my new thread. No compromising. This is me doing what I must and refusing to go down that spiral that leads to more weight gain.

I am not going to go crazy overboard with this. I will just do OMAD and post my Friday weigh in.

I will post my first Friday weight tomorrow, but today's weight is 163.6 :'(:(:s

Replies

• dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Tracey - you can totally do it. I know with your plan you will be successful and we are here to support you. Stay strong and OMAD on :).
  • tlblanks1
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Donna, I feel like I've been doing maintenance with blinders on and now they have been lifted and I need to regroup.
  • dkayingram
    I am so nervous about maintenance.....It seems like it is going to be way harder than weight loss mode. But you can do it!!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    We are always so in sync! I found myself needing to recommit to my plan yesterday, too (though I didn't). It seems maintenance is a real beast for most people, but I know that you've got this! 13 pounds definitely sucks, but I am sure you could've easily gained that back in a month had you followed an unsustainable lifestyle to drop the weight or gone completely off the rails instead of reigning it in periodically as you have been doing! OMAD definitely works for you, and I know sticking to it and figuring out how to make it work over the long term will be perfect for you!
    Cheering for you as always!
  • tlblanks1
    edited May 2018
    Thank you Britt, I think I just got over confident. I figured I could do what I wanted and then just make up for it, but my make up plans fell through and the food and water weight "stuck". I know better now and will be more diligent in my efforts to stick to my plan and say no to the triggers and cravings that set me back. OMAD by itself is truly enough to lose and maintain. One plate rule for weight loss, one meal rule for maintenance. That is what it is going to take for me at least for now and I am committing or re-committing to it.

I also stopped photographing my meals and I think with losing that accountability factor, I ate more so I will be taking pictures of my meals even if I don't post them.
  • Babygyrl17
    Babygyrl17 Posts: 49 Member
    Maintenance is so difficult but I really applaud you for recognizing the weight gain and getting back on track now.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I hear ya, I am up close to 10 pounds or so from my lowest weight (159 - which wasn't even a maintenance weight for me - though I would have considered it a top of the range weight for maintenance with goal being about 9 pounds below that). So basically I've gained while in supposed weight LOSS mode! Ugh. This is what my whole weight loss looks like - good at the beginning - now, NOT GOOD!:

acxah9j3ql7q.png

OMAD does work and we can totally do this!!!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    @tlblanks1 Being self aware, you have conquered 90% of journey before the numbers reach their goal. This is some great advice and insight, so I appreciate you sharing it for everyone.

• tlblanks1
    The Friday Official Weigh-ins

1 June 2018 159.4
  • dkayingram
    Nice drop Tracey!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    KUTGW
  • brittdee88
    Great drop today!!!! OMAD is your BFF!
    And I totally feel you -- the pictures definitely did do something for accountability for me as well. I am going to post my OMAD days as well. It will likely be my only real accountability while in LA since I don't think I will have access to a scale!
  • tlblanks1
    I really do love OMAD. My OMAD lifestyle is going to be challenged this week as I am away from home for the week in Virginia celebrating with my husband our 18 year wedding anniversary. So far I am holding steady at 159 pounds. I did bring my scale along with me to be able to keep tabs on my weight. I had a pretty good first full vacation day. I am hoping to possibly see a loss tomorrow morning.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Congratulations on 18 years (and the first full vacation day)!!

That's such a good idea - bringing your scale. We are going away for the weekend and I just might do the same...
  • zoopis94
    zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
    Awesome drop!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    I really do love OMAD. My OMAD lifestyle is going to be challenged this week as I am away from home for the week in Virginia celebrating with my husband our 18 year wedding anniversary. So far I am holding steady at 159 pounds. I did bring my scale along with me to be able to keep tabs on my weight. I had a pretty good first full vacation day. I am hoping to possibly see a loss tomorrow morning.

I admire your dedication! Hope you have a delightful time!

• brittdee88
    Congratulations!!! I hope you all have a wonderful celebration. What will you be doing while in Virginia? Anything fun?
    I agree with Sarah and Robert -- that's great that you're bringing your scale!
  • dkayingram
    Congrats on your anniversary! Enjoy your time away!
  • tlblanks1
    We are staying at the Massanutten Resort. We are mostly going to just be relaxing and enjoying time with each other. I have on the agenda to go to Luray Caverns and we have reservations at a German restaurant for our anniversary on Thursday.

Well I guess my first full day was not as good as I thought. The scale put me at 160.4 pounds this morning where I was 159.3 yesterday morning. I did eat 2 Krispy Kreme donuts so I guess they were the culprit. I also did an exercise video so I thought that would help some. I have to be more careful.

I may have to let the hubby go out to eat on his own for lunch (he eats cereal in the room for breakfast) so I can stick to my OMAD for dinner.

• tlblanks1
    Yesterday's dinner

esa1k4vmwepg.jpg
    Shrimp and grits with collards greens and turkey gravy