Checking in - how's it going?

Options
janannwa
janannwa Posts: 5 Member
Just checking in with everyone to see how the journey is going. It's been a week since I joined the group. I've logged my food every day. I can't say that I have managed to stay within my calorie goal every day, but I have definitely tried! I've been to the gym four times this week. My goal was 5, but somehow I just couldn't drag my sorry *kitten* out of bed in time yesterday... How's it going for everyone else?

Replies

• shanerg70
    shanerg70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not doing well logging food. BUT, since I was cleared for surgery by the psych doc and things are getting rolling, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I realize that it still has to be ok'd by insurance, but that is months from now.
  • janannwa
    Options
    Hang in there Shanerg70! One step at a time & celebrate the small victories! I am glad to hear that you were cleared for surgery - one step closer for you.
  • rervin1962
    rervin1962 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been jumping thru hoops for the insurance. Next week was supposed to be my last appt with the surgeon before they send all my paperwork to Aetna for approval. Dr office called ytd to reschedule...for July!! I know this is minor, but I am so disappointed. Need to have my surgery before my work schedule gets too busy in August. Thanks for letting me vent!
  • janannwa
    Options
    You will be OK, Rervin1962! I know it is frustrating, but you will make it. Only one more month! This wasn't a good week for me - I had been going strong and following the plan, and completely derailed myself this week. It just reinforces for me that I need the surgery in order to be successful. I just can't do it on my own, or I end up fast food binging. Sigh.
  • rervin1962
    rervin1962 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just realized how long ago it has been since I posted or blogged. I did get my surgery on July 30, 2018. As of today, I have lost 106 lbs since April of 2018. Probably could have done better if I had walked or avoided carbs, but I'm happy with the results so far. I'd like to lose 40 or 50 more lbs. The "recommended" weight for my height is between 114-155 lbs. I don't think I was 114 in jr high!! I feel so much better!

Did you ever have the surgery Janannwa?