JUNE GROUP CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• bigghunny
    bigghunny Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @PloddingTurtle I hope you feel better soon. This challenge is to encourage and support. I don't want anyone to feel guilty during this process. Life is going to happen and we can't beat ourselves up for it. We all know weightloss isn't linear. @cnavarro002 Aren't grandkids the best?... hope you and hubby enjoyed the trip. Great loss wishing you and hubby great success on this journey hopefully he logs his weigh in to..lol :)<3<3<3
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @cnavarro002 and @bigghunny, you are the best!

Hope and vision is fueling me me right now while I work at building knowledge and successful new habits; I refuse to give power to the scale other than just a tool to mark my progress.
  • bigghunny
    Options
    Bigghunny
    Weigh day Friday
    Starting weight
    CW 324.2 (-1.4)
    New group total
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am just caughting up on the week! I have to say that this one the first of three crazy weeks. I coached my girls’ softball team on Monday and Wednesday. We had an awards ceremony at my son’s high school. He got awarded an amazing award...it was a super proud moment. Then I had a big event at work that required me to be at school until 9pm last night. On top of it all I had report cards to finish and I came down with strep throat! Sorry about the venting, but wanted to explain my absence this week. I fear that the next two weeks will be the same, but then summer vacation!

I weighed in this morning and am down 0.6lbs. Current weight is 292.7. Group total is 4.1 pounds. Great job everyone!
  • JJKM02
    JJKM02 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Omg...my brain is like mush....I noticed that I wrote “caughting”. So embarrassing since I teach English Language Arts!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sigh - sorry guys, I had a gain this week. Saturday was really hot here - and my ankles swelled up like watermelons. Then my son graduated in Sunday. I had planned on not tracking on Sunday so that was as planned and I didn’t go too crazy. However the leftovers from the party did me in and I was off plan for a total of 5 days and I am ashamed to admit there was binging.

So.... I am up 8 lbs. I was back with the program today and I know most of it is water weight so I will have a loss to post soon.
  • bigghunny
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @JJKM02 sounds like a crazy busy week. Congrats on still losing.
    @MzCara148 look at my post above. No apologies necessary in this group. Life is going to happen. Ups and downs are expected. The only one you have to answer to is yourself. Everyone please know challenges are great and motivating not meant to cause guilt or sadness.
    Celebrate your loved ones graduation is a special time. My daughter's graduation almost killed me from stress and food. I survived and went on from it to lose. Just don't lose sights of your goals. Pick up and keep going. Sorry for long post just want everyone to know we are in this together and I support you through THICK AND THIN. (YES pun intended) :):D:)B)
    Hope your throat clears up soon
    I hope the swelling goes down soon
  • cwrisbeck
    cwrisbeck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gained too.
    Current weight 365.8. Im up 1.4 lbs. Sorry guys
  • MzCara148
    Options
    Looks like we all need to shake this last week off. Reset time!
  • Dad4Myla
    Dad4Myla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs this week! Summer is super busy time for me, I’ll do my best to get back in here more often!
    Not sure what group total is atm. But I lost us 6 more
  • bigghunny
    Options
    @dad4myla glad to see you back at it!
    With all the ups and downs from everyone
    New group total is .6 lost
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Well, it would appear that some of us are having a more challenging challenge this month. :) I'm up for it and feeling positive. I'm already back down to a scant +0.5 above last week's weigh in and the inflammation is down in most of my body parts. I still have cankles. :( Actually, they're more like cafunkles - the size of my calf extends down to my foot, but my feet are down to normal, so the inflammation is shaped like downward shaped funnels, hence cafunkles. Sigh. This too shall pass.

Good job on recommitting everyone. This month will be dramatic.
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Week 1: +3.6 lbs[/b
    On a bright note, I am expecting a bit of a whoosh effect next week.

Updating my week 1 check-in
    Week 1: +3.6 lbs (Friday)
    -5.4 lbs (Sunday)

I lost the 3.6 gain and a new -1.8 lbs. I will go back to Friday weigh-in for my next check-in, but I was too pleased to not update my check-in this morning.

New/actual group total: -2.4 lbs lost
  • meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.6
    Group total: 4lbs lost
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    went to docs today , i did weight 440 I now weigh 436 , 4 pounds whoo hoo

starting weight : 440
    today's weight : 436
    total loss : 4

• MzCara148
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Weigh day Thursday

Starting weight (6/1): 280
    Week 1 (6/7) : 288 +8
    Week 2 (6/14) : 276 -12 (-4 personal monthly total)

New Group total: -23.6

The huge loss this week is, obviously, because the +8 from the week before was water retention. The way my losses usually work - I'll be up next week. I really do wish it was linear.

I went through and recalculated from the beginning of the thread. I'm pretty sure @PloddingTurtle should have added the 5.4 to our total rather than 1.8 on 6/10 because the gain of 3.6 had already been accounted for so it needed to be subtracted back out. If someone wants to check my math though that would be great!

• bigghunny
    Options
    @MzCara148 your group total is correct...
  • PloddingTurtle
    Options
    Oh, woohoo! This is one of the few times I don't get annoyed about doing a math thing incorrectly.
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    2 lb loss this week!
    New group total: -25.6

Half way through the month, and half way to our goal. We've got this!!!
  • bigghunny
    Options
    Bigghunny
    Weigh day Friday
    PW 324.2
    CW 322
    New group total