Reboot Time!!

Options
rll22
rll22 Posts: 39 Member
So I’ve been in a funk and not trying/caring after my insurance denied the surgery, even though I knew I needed to stay on track with or without surgery. So it is Reboot Time! I had already started back and within a few weeks found myself already eating things I shouldn’t be eating!
I am basically starting over and and trying to do my best with or without the surgery (since I’m unsure I will get approved at the end of May) and in doing that I am restarting my activity within this group to keep me encouraged and motivated!!!

Replies

• Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don’t lose faith in yourself.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @rll22 you absolutely can do this! Have you met with any nutritionists to give you guidance as to what they think your daily calories and macros should be?

Here’s some good websites that you may find helpful from a product, content and recipe perspective:

Bariatric Eating
    The World According to Eggface
    Bariatric Foodie
    Thin Slim Foods - good, low carb products
    Chocorite - really like their shakes
    Eat the Bear - really like their shakes
    Skinnytaste
    Emily Bites
    Mels Kitchen Cafe
    Once Upon A Chef
    Damn Delicious (LOVE their protein waffles)
    Oh She Glows (vegan)
    Peas & Crayons

I also tried Ezekiel bread today - there is no flour - it’s made with sprouted grains and I was surprised how much I liked it.
  • rll22
    Options
    So I realized that I have been logging my food but I haven't been checking the group since I posted this!! I just finished school (I am a teacher) so no I am free for the summer! I am still staying on track and waiting to see if insurance will approve me when I meet with the dr in a few days. I am hoping so because I have loss overall almost 30 pounds and they originally wanted 20 pounds...
    @jcavanna2 the dietitian has had me on 150 carbs, at least 80 protein, and 50 fat. I try to stay under the carbs everyday since I know it helps with weight loss but it is hard since carbs are in almost everything!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I hope you get approved I know how hard it is to get approval!!! You got this either way
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Your doing great so far. Hopefully, you will get approved soon! Best of luck.
  • rll22
    Options
    Ok bit of an update.... Went to my primary dr for my weigh in and low and behold I met the weight requirement again! 😜 I even lost more than my Surgeon wanted by 6 pounds!!! Now I'm waiting to see if insurance will approve it this time!! Fingers crossed!! But on a side note we made the bad decision that once we met the weight requirement we could have a few "last meals" let's just say that was a very bad idea!!! Lesson learned....I managed to gain 10 pounds since the weigh in! Its crazy to think a few restaurant meals and ice cream can do that but it totally makes sense why I got this way to begin with! Definitely a learning process but were back on track and learned a very important lesson!!! Never again and I am actually thankful it happened before surgery!!
    Now I wait to see if insurance will approve me and hopefully get in the next couple of weeks so I have time to fully recover before going back to school (teacher)!