Calorie deficit

sjgold123
sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
So wondered on thoughts on this as i crave a treat daily. I feel it keeps me on track with the rest of the day. The treat would usually be around 200 cals.
I see it that Calorie Deficit is that and needed to achieve weight loss. So if i factor in a treat as long as i stick to goal weight loss should continue.
Yes i know that if i ate Chocolate cake for a sustained period and no nutrients then my body/skin/concentration etc would suffer but i seem to feel guilty when i have them and can't cut them out.
My typical day is yogurt and fruit for breakfast
Lunch humous, chicken, salad
Dinner Fish, salad cous cous
So eating healthy isn't a problem i'm satisfied with good clean food however i also see that my calories end up low to add in a treat but wonder if it sabotages loosing weight. I wonder if my treat was protein based etc i would loose weight better or loose it from my stomach area more. Isn't there theory on sugar and waistlines?
I'm nicely within my bmi so overall i haven't got an uncontrollable problem lol but surely calorie deficit equals weight loss however ever it's made up?

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,505 Member
    There is no problem calorie wise. But if you have a sugary snack, your blood sugar will spike and then crash and it might make you more hungry later. Other than that:
    calories in < calories used =weight loss
    Just my two cents. :)
  • sjgold123
    Arh yes i feel that happen if i have a treat in the day i struggled to feel satisfied for the rest of it. However if it is in the eve i'm ok.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    I struggle with treats. Even today I had an excellent fast day... extra low in fact, just low enough to add 165 cals of skor bites to my day!

Sad. I know.

But I did have them in the evening so I kinda know what you mean because if I had them in the early afternoon I would have eaten the entire bag already! I am finding that a full glass or two of unsweetened almond milk during the day is giving me strength to say no to those treats I usually grab for. Today I had two glasses between noon & 5pm.... helped keep me on track.
  • sjgold123
    I never realised how sweet my tooth is until recent months mamainthekitchen!