What's YOUR motivation?

Options
hubn8147
hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
Let this be a place where you post your motivation on why your doing what your doing, and if you start getting discouraged you can come back here and read what you wrote!

I want to be a positive role model for my daughter on how to be healthy by eating well and being active. Also, I want to make time for myself to be healthy so my "cup" can be full. You can't pour from an empty cup, and I certainly want to be able to do that for my family!

Replies

• PennysBoat
    PennysBoat Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My family has always been unhealthy with lots of high blood pressure, heart disease, etc and I want to change my family tree. My youngest has a heart condition and I want to model healthy habits for him so he never struggles and lives life to the fullest. I also need more energy for my 3 year old! Lol.
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I spent a huge chunk of my 20s (basically starting age 25 when I first started gaining weight) being unhappy with how I looked. I don’t want to spend all of my 30s feeling the same way. I want to be a good role model for my daughter and her future siblings. I want to be strong. I want to run again. I want to go to the pool or the beach and feel good about myself. And I’m afraid if I stay this way one day my daughter will be embarrassed of me.
  • Jbrisson1982
    Jbrisson1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to feel strong physically, higher self confidence and I think with exercising I will achieve this. Motivation is that my husbands side of the family struggles with weight issues and I don't want my son to go down that path. I see my nephews struggle with self-image and it saddens me that a 10 year old looks up Youtube videos on how to get a six pack in hiding and calls himself fat. I want to be healthy for my family and ultimately for myself.
  • monstersweetsbyallison
    Options
    My biggest motivation is to do something for myself. I'm making myself a priority in my life by watching what I eat, taking more control of how healthy I eat, and taking time in my day to be active. My next biggest motivation is to gain confidence. I'm over weight and ready to change! Here's to our health as moms!!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    nasimiyu wrote: »
    I spent a huge chunk of my 20s (basically starting age 25 when I first started gaining weight) being unhappy with how I looked. I don’t want to spend all of my 30s feeling the same way. I want to be a good role model for my daughter and her future siblings. I want to be strong. I want to run again. I want to go to the pool or the beach and feel good about myself. And I’m afraid if I stay this way one day my daughter will be embarrassed of me.

Literally everything you just said is true for me too
  • becoming88
    becoming88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think about my weight all day every day. I just want to be carefree again and not have to worry about what I look like doing literally every single thing I do all day every day.