Slim fast alternative

Options
annie422
annie422 Posts: 114 Member
Hi there, I'm recently back to eating LCHF and I was wondering if anyone has an alternative to slim fast meal shakes. I like the taste of their 1net carb chocolate version and they are so easy to grab from the fridge and run out the door to the train station in the morning.

However, I'm trying to make a conscious effort to reduce my plastic use further (started using paper straws, shampoo bars, etc.) and they don't make that one in a powder. I feel so guilty taking a plastic shake bottle everyday. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have for me.

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I've not used the product but have seen in stores that Slim Fast also comes in a (cardboard?) canister that contains many serving. You could make individual servings in a reusable shaker or water bottle of choice and have only the 1 canister to dispose of. I understand your concern is the use of plastics vs the tons of refuse going into landfills but might the Slim Fast canister option be useful to eliminated plastics?

I am a reusable water-bottle type person as one who lives in a rapidly growing area and has seen the trucks (large and small) at the landfill and local recycling centers. EEK! Evert little bit helps IMO.

0zv59r1j02s8.png

ETA: ops sorry. I just read where you pointed out that the one you like is not available in a powder. I'll leave the post up. It may encourage another person to think about recycling, use of plastics, the overall environment or whatever. :)
  • 0426Jamie
    0426Jamie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I used to use Premier Protein Shakes. They come in a cardboard box and you can get them at costco in big packs.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My drink snack is coffee with salt, stevia, some coconut cream or whipping cream, with a partial scoop of unflavored protein powder. I put it in a travel mug and shake it up. It's not as fast as just grabbing something pre-made, but I can make it with instant coffee and a microwave in under 2 minutes.

It's tasty with chai tea too.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you recycle your plastic bottle!!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    This is what I use for my "on the go" Orgain Chocolate protein shakes.
    mg1ojta0599y.jpg