June 19 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    k64jbww45yn5.jpeg
    @am_change is a soccer fan.
    @LoraineGB is a rugby fan...soccer too?
    @craigo3154 other than competition drone flight, what sport(s) get your interest?
    How about the rest of you????
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Sports are not my thing.
    It must be the weather I too am fighting the headaches.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    June 19
    Exercised?: Yes. 3km walk in 26 mins (North Sydney Hills).
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

In Sydney again. Sporadic rain, so no bridge walk tonight.

Still got some walking in between showers.

@RangerRickL. Other interests beyond flying are languages, puzzles and computers. Computers are my profession (and offer no end of challenges).

With puzzles, I complete the morning puzzles in the paper (easy and hard suduko - no pencil marks, combination crossword, 9 letter word jumble) and on the iPad (Flow free, Hexes, Bridges, Warps, 4 pics 1 word, Word Cookies, Word Cookies 2, Freecell solitaire). I have rubics speed cubes that I fiddle with (a 3x3 and a 6x6). The 3x3 I usually solve in under 45 seconds (even when talking with other people - talking and solving use different parts of the brain - one verbal, one spatial). I learned how to solve the 3x3 blindfolded (and have done it quite a few times), but the memorisation aspect of that is the hardest for me. The 6x6 takes me about 5 minutes (6x6 is the hardest style of cube. If you can solve a 6x6 you can solve any size cube). I have many other puzzles, but the cubes (3x3 and 6x6) are my regulars.

I also do at least 2 units on Duolingo daily (Meine deutsche ist ziemlich gut. Besser als meine tochter). After doing lessons, I find I occasionally first think of expressing a concept in German, then stop and re-translate to English. Current Duolingo streak is 237 days (ie. at least 2 units every day for the last 237 days).

I try keep my body as active as my brain. I find if I keep my body active, my brain works better. I am as much (if not more) a mental athlete as a physical one.

When people learn my age, they are often surprised. I seem to have far more energy, strength and stamina than people expect for someone of my age. I put it down to diet and exercise (my chosen lifestyle). I also have far less aches and pains of others my age (most seem to continually be in a state of "What does not work this week?").

What I learned when losing weight, I apply to keep my weight in check and I feel and think better for it. Always happy to share what I have learned. If it can help others, it makes me happy.

(sorry for the long post).
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My sports are along the fighting lines. I train and compete in Jiu jitsu and watch loads of local mma fights (as a number of my team mates compete in amateur and professional promotions). Two fighting this weekend, two more the next weekend, then its ADCC (no gi grappling) for most of us and a mma fight that night. Busy club (and I'm benched for now with a torn ligament.) I used to be involved in fencing as well, but there is only one club in town and training is at the exact time as jiu jitsu (two clubs for that but I left the other one when my coach told me to ignore doctors advice after 2 concussions close together). I am going to start Judo next month though...

I rarely follow any kind of mainstream sports, although I always hope South Africa wins!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Three yes for me!

Double rehab session was the exercise but it is progress. We can start impact and twisting stuff next week, which gets me closer to doing Jiu Jitsu again!

Logged all the food and came under even switching supper out with movie food to watch Jurassic World. Poor people next to me, I keep shouting at the idiotic actors who are going to get eaten for doing something stupid or telling them it wasn't the dinosaur's fault. Still love Blue!
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I also do mostly compete and watch martial arts, but ofcourse i tune in on my home nations fotball games during the world cup! I got 1 grappling competition comming up in less then 2 months and an mma competition in less than 3 so im training as much as i can at the moment.

june 19
    Exercised? Did 16 minutes of jogging from my home to my gym as a warmup then 60 minutes of strenght training. Also took an hour long walk.

Calories? Stayed well belove, even though i tried to eat as much as possible since i for some reason have lost over a kg during the past week instead of gaining wich is my intention.

Tracked? Always logg every last bit that goes into my mouth^^
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.
    I myself like swimming, cycling, hiking. I get drawn into the big events in spectator sports like the football/soccer world cup on now.
    @craigo3154 you're busy! I can't do soduko without pencil marks in the corners! I also like quizzes and languages. I think I've ranted on about this on here before, but I really recommend you all learn some sign language from your country. BSL, Auslan, ASL, etc, they're all beautiful!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 where in South Africa are you? A beautiful county (as you know!)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I did enjoy the England game last night, have never followed a football game before, c'mon England!!!!
    3 x yes for today
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    6/18
    Exersized?yes,Not like i usually do,but I did some
    Caleries? Yes
    Logging? Yes
  • MJsStory
    MJsStory Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Still have my headache but done x3
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

I feel like I'm going strong at the moment :-)
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes..  3.5 hours Cardio and Planks

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?   Yes

Another long cardio today in the blazing heat!  Going to dial it down tomorrow.
    All golf in my house for sports!
  • yellobird13
    yellobird13 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :#:):#
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes 3x. 1 hour walk. Walked with my friend Amy. It’s getting hot out there!
    I do not participate in sports but enjoy watching finals - Stanley Cup / Super Bowl / World Series. Etc.
    @craigo3154 Blind folded .... impressive! I took German in high school.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES ✅ - 30 mins walk (and 14 active hours on fitbit!)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES ✅ - had a "fasting" day / low cal day.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES ✅- didn't eat much yesterday so easy peasy!
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: barely but I did it :)
    Tracked: yeppers

As far as sports goes? Hockey, baseball, boxing and formula one racing ;)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, thanks for asking the question. It's interesting to learn more about the UAC members. I have no interest in sports, which is strange for an American, at least where I live. But I love tango, and dance every weekend, and take a class during the week. The thing I do appreciate about sports, however, is that when there's a game, the roads are clear and it's easy to get around.

Yes x 3 for me today. I'm still in my conference, but was smart today, ate breakfast at home, and brought lunch, so I didn't have to take another pass day. Dance lesson and dog walking for exercise.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My report for the day:
    Exercise: 20 minutes of walking at an easy 3 mph pace
    Tracking; ok
    Calories: under nicely