Jersey Mike's

Options
sbtripp
sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
Went to a lunch and learn where they served Jersey Mike's subs. I took all the meat, lettuce, tomato, and cheese off the bread and gave the chips & cookie away. But I have no idea how to log that - it was turkey & provolone. The nutritional information on their menu includes the bread, of course. Any ideas?

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I honestly would just guesstimate the amount of each item and then log the closest thing that you can find in the MFP database. For example, 3oz turkey, 2oz provolone, 2 slices tomato, etc should all have equivalent entries in the database.

Also, just for next time, I'm pretty sure Jersey Mike's does a lettuce wrapped sandwich if you ask, at least my local one does.
  • sbtripp
    sbtripp Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Found it. They have each sandwich in a tub so I can us those numbers. I didn't have a choice in this order; the presenter ordered for everyone.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'd just enter a couple ounce of deli turkey meat, the same for the cheese, less for the lettuce tomatoes, etc. All depending on how much you think you probably ate. My opinion is Jersey Mike's makes a pretty "meaty" sub compared to some of the other franchised sub places. I'll bet their slices of cheese are ~.5 ounce versus a standard slice at a grocery store deli which is an ounce. 2 or 3 half ounce slices would give the illusion of "more cheese". Trick the eye marketing. ;)

I made a lettuce wrap at home today that was 5 ounces of lettuce, 3 ounces of ham, a couple slivers of onion, a big pickle slice and some mayo. All to say that would give me an advantage to estimating a deconstructed Jersey Mike's sub. Maybe. My 5 ounces of lettuce is my "trick the eye" into thinking I ate more. :)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I know Jimmy John's has entries for at least some sandwiches on MFP with the lettuce wrap option. You might be able to find an equivalent sandwich.
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i bet you could put in ham with cheese sub without bun ..... just a suggestion not actual sandwich .... LOL i do that with burger kings bacon cheese burger without bun .