2018 might do me in

Options
CEK0220
CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
I had my gastric bypass in March of 2015. I lost over 100 pounds, and felt great. I got off a lot of the social media (MFP included) because I just felt I spent too much time on them.
Now, 2018 has just about killed me, but I am getting back on track. My mother passed away in February, and then our dog passed the next month. I fell into a VERY deep depression following, and just pretty much gave up on everything for a while. Some mornings I literally have had to tell myself to get out of bed. I am the single mom of an adult child with autism which means I am the money source and don't have the luxury of shutting down. The other morning I realized that Mom wouldn't want me doing this. She was my biggest cheerleader, and learning to live the rest of my life without her is going to be so difficult. I know I need to power through, even though I feel so terribly alone. I have 4 siblings and have not heard from them much at all since Mom passed.
Sorry for the downer post, but I really needed to be honest with someone...

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats for loosing the weight! And also having a positive attitude to want to start over. However, I’m gonna have to break it to...ups and drowns are part of this thing we call life. And it can sometimes suck. But, anyway, I digress. Stress and comfort go hand in hand. You feel bad and we what will make us feel better, either cleaning obsessively to drugs , gambling, exercise or eating. Your mother gave you some good advice. You just have to get there even if it takes some mistakes, and you will.
    It’s okay to vent. You have some stuff going in, acknowledge it, theaters nothing me a shamed about...we all have crap going on.
    Get it out. Cry. Pout. Swear. Shout. But get your emotions out without guilt. You then leave it. Breathe and know you did the best you could. That’s all you can do, right?🤗❤️
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Thanks
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with what @HappyKat5 said. So sorry for your losses. We all have things that we go through, and we may slip up and that’s OK as long as we acknowledge it and get ourselves back on track. I have had a tough year as well, and I am working in getting my mindset right. We are all here for you if you need anything!