Why Can't I Stop???

angmacgill
angmacgill Posts: 8 Member
Sitting at home right now, watching tv and unwinding. Fighting the urge to mindlessly munch in chips. I aam not hungry. Why is this so diffficult for me? I feel so frustrated and I feel like a loser.

Replies

• carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    I struggle with the same issue. Once I get home from work I'm a bottomless pit. It is so hard to resist the urge to eat. Change comes when we let ourselves get out of our comfort zone.
  • PrettyandFocused
    PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
    angmacgill wrote: »
    Sitting at home right now, watching tv and unwinding. Fighting the urge to mindlessly munch in chips. I aam not hungry. Why is this so diffficult for me? I feel so frustrated and I feel like a loser.

Around the same time you posted this, I mindlessly ate white cheddar popcorn. I could have chosen something worse but it was not part of the meal plan. I have to stop eating mindlessly.
  • angmacgill
    angmacgill Posts: 8 Member
    It’s good to know I’m not alone in this behavior. Thanks guys!
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    As I am reading this I was eating some reeses pb cups that I didn't need. BUT I also had a cup of ice cold water.

I actually feel more satiated with the water. Result: Next time I get hungry I'm going to drink some water because it may mean I'm actually dehydrated and not hungry.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    edited June 2018
    It’s ok- your patterns are changing. Your brain/body are used to getting munchies at that time of day/during that activity. It will take time for your brain/body to adjust. Temptation is not failure- and failure is not permanent.
  • chelsealamarand
    chelsealamarand Posts: 9 Member
    Trust me I myself struggle SO much with this! It’s so hard. What I do, as someone said above, is try to drink some water and get my mind off of it. Or I try to find something to do immediately!! Like clean, do another workout, read, just something!! But just always remember why you started, and always keep in mind you can have it as long as you portion it out correctly!
  • christybogga
    christybogga Posts: 16 Member
    So glad I saw this set of replies. It is the monster I want to beat. Started over today!
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Temptation is not failure- and failure is not permanent. I love this! I just keep doing this too, need to redirect. Good luck everyone
  • Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    I just polished off taco bell. It was wonderful. And now I look 5 months pregnant. 😑
  • purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    I understand your struggle so much! I quite do the same.
  • damaddox7
    damaddox7 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for sharing the struggle is real.
  • purplicious86
    purplicious86 Posts: 43 Member
    I could have written this myself. I keep self sabotoging!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Falilure is the steps we take to reach the top of our victory. I recently heard this and it make me look at my struggle differently. Without judgement. Just acknowledging that these “steps” are here to help boost us up to the top. Without “the steps” there is no getting to the top.
  • Thank you for sharing this, i am struggling with this too.
  • misssararae
    misssararae Posts: 23 Member
    Don't feel like a loser or call yourself one. Be honest with yourself and remind yourself that you had a HABIT you are breaking. It takes 14 days to stop or create a new habit (sometimes even longer!). Find something you can do to replace the chip habit you had. Do something with your hands to keep yourself occupied. Or, try having a nice cup of tea. But, always remember... no one is perfect and give yourself a break. BUT, also make a promise to yourself that you're going to focus on one thing at a time and change or break that particular habit. Then, move on to the next thing you want to accomplish.

Life is a cha-cha and sometimes we struggle but that doesn't give us permission to put ourselves down about it. You got this girl!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Head hunger is so deadly. I’m 2 month post op bypass and it’s so hard to be constantly present in the moment. It’s my unconscious habits that tear there ugly head. Part of the journey
  • Adean2010
    Adean2010 Posts: 5 Member
    The only thing that I've found to stop me from doing something, is having others hold me to my word. I recently started Keto, and a $40 bet with my brother in law. Only thing that stops me from munching, or breaking diet, is not wanting him to win, or to lose $40. 10 lbs lost in a month, and I think this may be the best bet I've ever made. If no one cares what I eat, I'll eat EVERYTHING...