• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    112.46/100

2.51 mile walk with Einstein
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    @AnnofB I've been doing Pilates off and on for about 15 years and I love it. I discovered Pilates after recovery from a foot surgery when I needed something that did not require standing. It really does help define and strengthen the muscles. I'm amazed how much definition I've lost in 3 months and I am anxious to be able to incorporate it again.

But I am enjoying all my walks with Leslie and am so grateful for her upbeat, happy DVDs! :smiley:

Will you take a Pilates class or use DVD's? If DVD's who do you like? I've used DVD's by Anna Caban, Barbara Baugh and Ellen Barrett.

Yeah, it's amazing how quick muscle breaks down. I read it starts to break down by the 4th day of not working it. But it happens to us all at some point, even Olympians. But down time from injuries and rest times have their place in a good fitness plan. I hope you will be able to get back to it soon.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    6/25 2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles. I got a big burn with this one today, 225 calories. I think part of it was from laughing at Micheal. He's a hoot. :D:D
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    A 2-mile in the Park plus 1.5 bike ride there and back. Then husband arranges the workday so that we end up at the park where he likes to bike.....so another 1-mile walk there.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @AnnofB I use DVDs. My very first Pilates video was by Ana Caban on VHS! I still use two of her DVDs. I also use videos by Mari Winsor.

And Michael always cracks me up on those miles, too! He just grooves along and really enjoys himself! :laugh:
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Really Big Miles!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @AnnofB I use DVDs. My very first Pilates video was by Ana Caban on VHS! I still use two of her DVDs. I also use videos by Mari Winsor.

And Michael always cracks me up on those miles, too! He just grooves along and really enjoys himself! :laugh:

I never did any of Mari Winsor's but I know she was highly rated.

Yep, Michael is having a good time, "groovin' to the movin'." Ha-ha!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Fat Burning Miles
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Welcome, @Emwalker3406 . You certainly have had 1 heck of a journey so far. Great to have you join in!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Glad you are joining us, Elizabeth! Wishing you every success toward your goal.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    6/27 45 minute strength workout and a 22 minute aerobics workout.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    117.57/100

7.52 miles golfing last night.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    After 2 days off I was back at the park this am for another 2 miles.

It's heating up fast here today. We have Excessive Heat Watch for the next couple days. Sounds like we're looking at heat indexes in the 100's. I'll be walking with Leslie this weekend.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    6/28 2 miles of the 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    1 mile (yellow) of U5DWP
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @Deeder522 I hear ya! We had heat indexes of 105 today and this girl is cranking up the AC and the box fan and sticking with Leslie!

Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles
  • berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome to newbies. This is a great board filled with very motivating individuals.
    Thus far this week I've worked in the garden for 120 minutes (Monday and Tuesday) and walked with Leslie 45 minutes.
    June total = 1060/ 1200. take care, Cathy B.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    122.22/100

4.65 miles golfing this morning.