Where there is smoke, there’s a BBQ: July weight loss & accountability

Options
Happy Canada Day and Independence Day to those of you on the North American continent!

Height: 5'10"
HW: 183lbs (Fri 24th March 2017)
SW July: 158.6lbs (last June weigh in)
Ultimate goal: Around 150lbs
June goal: 156lbs
June body fat goal: 24.7%

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Joining in if you all don’t mind! I had another check-in group, but my goal is lowering BF with body recomp. It goes so slowly, it felt kind of weird to be in a pure weight-loss group. Anyway, I’m 5’6 133lbs, I like to hang out around 130. I saw a weight gain this month and I want to reverse that back to 130 or just under, and lower my BF % by a point this month. Does anyone know if this is a realistic rate for BF loss?

I mean, it depends on how you measure it.. but you can definitely get noticeably leaner in a month. Whether it's a % or not, that I don't know, I've never really tracked mine with any accuracy. I think though it will depend on your current bodyfat, rate of loss, muscle base, how well you maintain the muscle you have, etc but I feel like it would be doable unless you are ultra lean.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This summer is killing me.....killing me, I tell you!! It seems like I do so great between Jan-June. Then summer comes and with it BBQs, birthdays, vacations, sitting by the pool socializing, parties then it's the fall and the holidays. I feel like I take huge steps back this time of the year and it's a downward slide until after New Years.

*sigh*

height: 5'8"
    starting weight: 207
    as of 6/29: 174
    end of July goal: 170
    ultimate goal I hope to hit by early next year: 145-150 (I'll be happy with 155)
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just going to maintain, hopefully. Family vacation is July 21st-28th so no weigh in them for sure (no scale).

GW: 110

July 1st: 108.9 (BF 23.7)