Weekly Post - 25.06.18 - 01.07.18

Options
jknight001
jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
Hi All! Kicking off the week after a looong absence. My life got pretty full so I took a break. Going to attempt a fast today. Hope you all are doing well. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @jknight001! We have missed you. :)
    Today is a light day for me too! Let's do this!
    Beautiful week of weather here, coming up! We had a frustrating winter and spring, so sunshine is always welcome!
    Hope everybody is doing well.
    Speak to you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I fell off the map, and the wagon, while I was finishing up my class. Today is a fast day and it is going well. I am going to have some shrimp for dinner. I made the same thing the other day and it was so filling and so yummy! I hope everyone has a great week and happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi gang!
    Hope your fast days went well yesterday! All good here.
    Lately my breakfast on regular days has been a chocolate flavored rice cake with a TBS of peanut butter on it. Low calorie and tasty!!
    Going to head to lunch and read my book outside. Beautiful out there! B)
    See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    How are we doing?!
    Not too much happening here. Work has been a little quiet lately, but I am not complaining!
    Made a new vegetable soup for light day dinner that I can share with you. Cooks in the slow cooker and makes 8 servings at 200 calories each. Tasty!
    Any of my US peeps have any fun plans for Independence Day? For me, planning to be at the beach during the day, and hope to BBQ that night. 😎
    Chat soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Link for soup:
    I made it via the slow cooker. I put the zucchini in at the end and added a small can of tomato paste. Used 4 ounces of veggie broth and two cups of water. Would leave water out next time. Tasted fine and makes A LOT!
    https://ifoodreal.com/vegetable-soup-recipe/
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi all i'm still here just about. I'm still trying to shift the last bit it may be slow but at least i'm still raining myself in.
    I've just had a night away staying with my brother partner and baby daughter. My first time meeting my new niece and i was loved up. My youngest is 5 1/2 so been a while since a baby has been around.
    I was good day 1 banana for breakfast at 4am start, croissant at 8am no latte's etc no snacks on flight then lunch we ate out and i had chicken salad tea was bbq meats and salad. Then i had a couple of g&t's. I stayed within my regular cals plus we walked along the canal having 3/4 hours walking. However day 2 only 1 hour walking cooked breakfast to start, ice cream milkshake from costa then bbq meats, garlic bread for tea and i ate more than i should've. So straight back home to a light day today and 2hrs of walking. I'm going for a regular day tomorrow then 500 fri. Weight seems to go on so easily!! The scales are cruel as two days cost me 7llbs just doesn't make sence as i was down by 2 before i went the mon am which was motivation before the break. I'm blaming water retention/ time of day/badder etc and will take more note of scales within a week. I under ate and exercised the mon and over ate by 1000 cals Tue but wasn't lazy that day so that doesn't add half a stone hmmm.
    Meghan i love peanut butter but the quantity versus calories shocks me!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi @sjgold123
    Yes, I hear you about peanut butter! I am happy that it fills me up until lunch, otherwise the calories would be more of an issue!
    In the States we have a product called PB2 or powdered peanut butter. You mix it with water and it is non GMO and lower in calories. It is actually pretty good!
    Sounds like you had a nice little get away with your family!
    Light day today otherwise same old. :#
    See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo... sorry I’ve been MIA for a bit! Finding it hard to get my mojo now. I’m at the point that sometimes I don’t even log my walks. I need to snap out of myself and see how much healthier I was a year ago!!

Glad to know you’ve come back sjgold & jknight! Big thanks to Meghan for being such a driving force here... true inspiration! I do miss others from a couple years ago, so if you’re still reading please say hello!

I’m waking up hungry all the time (last few months) why is that? I’m thinking not enough water. I get lots of protein, so it’s not that. Stupid me bought Sugar Crisp cereal for my son because he said I hadn’t bought that in years... so I bought it. Then I ate it. Every day. Ate it until it was all gone then had to buy a new box eat a couple bowls so he didn’t know I ate the whole box on him!! Now, isn’t that pathetic!?!?! Starting the day with big ol bowl of sugar is not the diet for me!! Yikes... no willpower lately. Today I’m making oatmeal and will have a glass of almond milk. I do like all that, it’s just easy peasy to grab the bowl of sugar.

Well enough of my confessions... must clear my head with a good walk today!

Thanks Meghan for holding this together! And your soup sounds good too... I love soup! It’s been so hot here I haven’t thought of soup, but you’re right, it fills you up! I have never heard of a chocolate rice cake! I buy the multigrain ones and like peanut butter, or salmon cream cheese (my fav), or avocado on top!

Cheers people!!
    Mama xo
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Hi all had a good day staying in cals but it's so hot that i lack motivation with moving as it's exhausting. Still walked for 1.5 hrs today.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Went for a great walk yesterday and turned my tracker on... which was a great start... finished my walk, drove to the store, drove to another store... home for a while, drove to the post office and back, made dinner.... THEN I remembered to turn the tracker off!!! Whoops..

Green tea, two eggs and a quarter avo this am.... I’ll have a glass of water on the counter today while I’m cleaning the house... maybe I’ll find my mojo!!

Happy Friday people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words @mamainthekitchen!
    This is a great little group and checking in here helps keep me accountable and a little more focused.
    But even though I see a light at the end of the tunnel with around 20 lbs left, I too am struggling a little.
    Been having really slow losses for the last six months or so, as you know. This causes me to get a little anxious and frustrated. Like just want to wrap this up and move on to the next step. Slacking off a little too much on the weekends is another issue. Going to reel that in a bit.
    But I did have a good week this week. Just didn't see a loss. This week is a holiday one for us, but still going to stick with 5:2 and eating clean.
    Hope you are good. Anyone watching World Cup soccer!? We are rooting for Argentina and they play tomorrow AM. B) Chat soon!
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Meghan this is me the weekends of fun aren't doing any favours and i'm in limbo. I feel the same trying to kick the last 7llbs for a while now but that fluctuates between 5 and 11llbs. Not good but i'm back on it and resisting temptation. I'm actually fine in the week it's when i get to wkds when we see friends!
    I have had another 500 day and got my walking in which is my second of the week so all is good. Keep going everyone x
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!... although I may be the only one! Happy US Independance on the 4th for all you living in USA!

Celebrated with a wonderful breakfast / brunch! Hashbrowns & bacon & eggs!!! Ahhh delight! Except I had garden salad for dinner to hopefully offset that!!

Planning on digging around for some motivation apps this week... something new for me to get excited about. Hope you all had a great weekend. We have a stat tomorrow.., planning on sleeping in!! (Although I am retired.. haha)

Cheers people!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Canada Day @mamainthekitchen!
    Sounds like you had a nice one. Thank you! Looking forward to a quiet and relaxing Independence Day. :)
    Weekend was good. Light day today and Thursday. Will post more when we have a new thread. Have a good day. :)
  • sjgold123
    Options
    Where are all the 5:2's started a new post x