Introductions

Replies

• gradykai
    gradykai Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everybody who is in this challenge! I want to surprise myself and stick to this for 30 days. I am excited to see if this will work for me...I'll give it my best shot! Good luck!
  • AnEndlessSkye
    AnEndlessSkye Posts: 38 Member
    Evening! Just found this group, been on MyFitnessPal for a while but never looked in the community section until now.

I started training for my third half-marathon in June, I’m currently on week 4 of my 13 week training schedule. Besides running I’m also a streamer on twitch in my spare time and I enjoy reading, playing video games, and listening to paranormal podcasts 😱

Looking forward to getting to know some new people and to continue my fitness journey!
  • trmcleodprime
    trmcleodprime Posts: 5 Member
    Hello everyone first time with this challenge. I'm here to break some bad habits
  • Babette1111
    Babette1111 Posts: 89 Member
    Hello everyone :)

A brand spanning new UACer here but im SO ready to immerse myself in this Challenge!

My July plan is:
    Monday Weightlifting Class,
    Tuesday Dance Class,
    Wednesday Bike Ride,
    Thursday Walk,
    Friday Dance Class,
    Saturday Weights, Dance and/or Bike,
    Sunday whatever I fancy.

I’ve joined a cycle club and my first ride in years is on Saturday. (Yikes!!)

I’ve found a fab cafe doing delicious lunchtime healthy food.

I’m ready to do this and stop FAFFING ABOUT like I did in June! (...and May...and April...and..)

Thanks for this fab challenge. I’m ready!

:)
  • 4pence
    4pence Posts: 81 Member
    Hello all, I am trying to lose weight again after putting all on I had previously lost but it's going so slowly... I need something to kick me into gear!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Hi all, I'm a veteran UAC member who has been in the winners circle... once! I keep coming back because it's the best challenge on mfp if you are trying to lose weight, maintain, gain, whatever! This will work! Meeting the three goals every day will get you there. So will meeting them most days.

I'm a part-time teacher and student and a mummy to a toddler. School breaks up for summer the 3rd week of July so this should be an OK month for me! (NB it was the school holidays last year when I was in the winners' circle!)

Before June, I'd got in a bit of a rut of making excuses for myself. Life was busy. I couldn't fit it all in. But then when browsing posts I saw one saying "don't dig your own grave with your own knife and fork". It reminded me that I have the power to control this or to hijack it. Thanks to @RangerRickL who let me rejoin in mid June after my little awol sabbatical. Remembering the goal, to be healthy, I have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks and I'm hoping for more in July.

Welcome everyone, new and old. You can do this. For you. You're worth it.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    This is my second month. I actually bulked the last challenge and got great results. Now im nearing my competition so i will be in maintenance the first week of this months challenge and then cut.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,599 Member
    Hello,im Alyson,A.K.A. stella7x7, I joined last month,I'm gonna go again and try again in July. I havent done my final june weigh in.
  • sliml40
    sliml40 Posts: 8 Member
    Getting closer! :)
  • sliml40
    sliml40 Posts: 8 Member
    gradykai wrote: »
    Hi everybody who is in this challenge! I want to surprise myself and stick to this for 30 days. I am excited to see if this will work for me...I'll give it my best shot! Good luck!

This^^
  • Spiralspinner
    Spiralspinner Posts: 56 Member
    So the goal for July is to press Post reply and not done. The next goal is to write the date with my yes . Otherwise I hopefully will be on track.
  • mcw2018mfp
    mcw2018mfp Posts: 84 Member
    Hello- new to challenge. My goal is mainly related to my diet as I have always really enjoyed my workouts.
    I am “carb cycling” as I was very low carb for about a year and feel it is starting to have some negative effects.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    So the goal for July is to press Post reply and not done. The next goal is to write the date with my yes . Otherwise I hopefully will be on track.

I keep doing that as well! That done gets me all the time!
  • karenelizabeth311
    karenelizabeth311 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey I'm Karen I'm new to this but I'm excited to do this challenge! ! I'm not great at keeping things going so I like that I can take it a month at a time .charting what I eat isn't hard for me but staying inside my goal is what gets me. Does anyone else feel like they are always hungry?? I'd if it's because I'm trying to watch what I eat or if it's because I just recently stopped smoking , but it gets to me. It's not so hard when I have people to talk to about it though, that's why I've decided to go with a challenge. I think it would help to talk about my experience and how I'm feeling . Wish me luck!
  • nichojs
    nichojs Posts: 20 Member
    Long time MFP users but first challenge. Trying to be more social. This is truly going to be a tough challenge but something needs to be done to get these 20 pounds off that have crept on. I am excited to be challenged and held accountable- good luck everyone!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    edited June 2018
    @RangerRickL great to be back! And it will be fun to get to know all the new folks.

We just got one of our "old" horses back and it is so beautiful to see how he fits right in with his old pasture buddy and our ways of working after 5 years away. He was very anxious where he was and now he's cool and calm! Best trail horse ever. Even the stallion likes him. I'll post some photos soon.

Ready for tomorrow!
  • leanHelen
    leanHelen Posts: 66 Member
    Hello I'm in thanks for the challenge up for some accountability! Cheers Helen
  • Babette1111
    Hey I'm Karen I'm new to this but I'm excited to do this challenge! ! I'm not great at keeping things going so I like that I can take it a month at a time .charting what I eat isn't hard for me but staying inside my goal is what gets me. Does anyone else feel like they are always hungry?? I'd if it's because I'm trying to watch what I eat or if it's because I just recently stopped smoking , but it gets to me. It's not so hard when I have people to talk to about it though, that's why I've decided to go with a challenge. I think it would help to talk about my experience and how I'm feeling . Wish me luck!

I’m the same in some days...I just can’t seem to stop feeling hungry. But I find this is when I’m at home and bored. So now I try get out and do something instead of nibbling and getting fed up.

Good Luck on the challenge!!!!!! Let’s do it!!!! :) xx
  • Babette1111
    edited July 2018
    Good Luck to everyone!!! :)

Now I’m focussed on Pressing Post, not Done, because I too have felt the sharp sting of getting it wrong!!! :)