Hi All!

Options
Matdubya
Matdubya Posts: 12 Member
Just started MFP today and Keto 3 days ago!

I've been fasting intermittenly as well only eat from 3pm-7pm. Currently pretty excited to eat in an hour! :D

anyways just looking for advice/conversation.

I cook quite a bit and if you cant tell enjoy a good meal (too much).

Replies

• mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Matdubya wrote: »
    Just started MFP today and Keto 3 days ago!

I've been fasting intermittenly as well only eat from 3pm-7pm. Currently pretty excited to eat in an hour! :D

anyways just looking for advice/conversation.

I cook quite a bit and if you cant tell enjoy a good meal (too much).

Hi @Matadubya! Welcome! I'm new here, also, but have been keto-ing for a little over two months. <3 Also love to cook! Also an IFer. So you have a friend!

Good to meet you!

I'm actually having a super fast day today because I had a cheat night last night. Ice cream. HAHAHA. But it was totally worth it.
  • Matdubya
    Options
    Oh man, I woke up yesterday thinking about pizza likely to continue today.

Tonight will be a challenge in itself because my wife and I are going out, so for the first time I'll be exploring keto restuarant dishes.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options

Tonight will be a challenge in itself because my wife and I are going out, so for the first time I'll be exploring keto restuarant dishes.

You should look into some of the keto pizza recipes. That won't help you going out but maybe you can shut your pizza-demon up preemptively. Fathead, pizza skillet, and etc.

• mommafruitcake
    mommafruitcake Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Tonight will be a challenge in itself because my wife and I are going out, so for the first time I'll be exploring keto restaurant dishes.

@Matdubya, pizza is the debil. Hahaha! I wish you all the luck in the world! That was scary for me the first time, and it's so hard to say no to a heaping serving of carbs, but I betcha they'll have steak or bunless burgers or SOMETHING that won't leave you feeling defeated.

We've only been out to eat a few times, each on the fly...so once was a burger from a little diner. Wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun with jalapenos, tomato, pickles, and a tbsp of mayo! It was the first burger I'd had in years because I was vegan for so long. I don't know if it's the fact that it was the first one or if my perception was correct, but it was the most delicious thing I think I've ever eaten in my whole life...and it had 0 net carbs. HAHA.

The other time was a Chipotle-like place, so I just got the salad with barbacoa, pico, peppers, and guacamole. It was delicious, but I think the net carbs are around ten-ish? I can't remember for sure. The avocado and peppers amped it up...but it was worth it. LOL. I also don't think the guy behind the counter had ever had someone ask how they cooked their meat and whether it was marinated or braised in anything that contained sugar. HAHAHAHA. Crazy lady.

So I wish you LUCK and a wonderful night! I think you'll find that it's not as soul-crushing to eat out Keto as it is with many other restrictions. Luckily, veggies and meat and fat kind of take the guessing game out of the whole food tracking thing. <3
  • yocellyz
    yocellyz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m brand new to Keto. Started yesterday And looking for friends. To get and give support and encouragement to. Also I would like to learn more about Keto. Please added me as a friend

Thanks
    Yocellyz
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    With pizza, you can always just eat the toppings, and find it more satisfying that eating the pizza itself. Watch for higher carb "veggies" like pineapple and possible high sugar sauces (just eat as little as possible). It's always an option when out. Some places are even equipped to just run the toppings through the oven (places like Gattitown - an amusement pizza place - will custom make a crustless pizza for you, but not all places will do this)...

Steak and green veg is a great option, seafood sans sauces, eggs hollandaise without the muffin, bunless burgers, mexican food (skip the beans, rice, and chips)...etc. Good options.
  • Matdubya
    Options
    Down 15lbs do far! Wearing a XL shirt comfortably for the first time in years.
  • Re_Banana
    Re_Banana Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Down 15lbs do far! Wearing a XL shirt comfortably for the first time in years.

Awesome progress! Seeing the difference in the way your clothing fits is the best feeling. Keep it up 😁
  • KittenToni
    KittenToni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!