We’ve been approved!!!

Options
rll22
rll22 Posts: 39 Member
So the time has finally come!!!! We have had a lot of ups and downs this past year with insurance not approving us, falling off the wagon, and starting over but yesterday We were told that my insurance approved us!!! Had all the pre-op test done this morning, start liquid on Monday and then surgery on the 17th!!!! I am excited but very nervous!!! I know it will all be fine, but I have never had any kind of surgery and have never stayed in the hospital (besides being born)!!! I know this is the best decision my spouse and I have made to help us loose the weight and to be able to do the activities we used to love!! (We still do some of them (hiking) but it would be so much easier 100+ lighter!!!! Here’s to a new beginning!!! Wish us luck!!!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Very exciting feeling for sure!!! The liquid diet isn’t easy, depending on your surgeons preference but stick to it, and be prepared for side effects!!!
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We’re here if you need it. The beat thing is I think we all are in different stages so we can offer some advice and support!
    🤗
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with @HappyKat5 - we are all here if you need anything!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you both. I was like you, I'd never had surgery and was just afraid. I think it was the fear of the unknown but I was more afraid of the excess weight than surgery. It all turned out well. Stick to the pre-op diet and remember your doctor gave you the diet for a reason. I didn't have a fatty liver but I believe the liquid diet made the transition to a smaller stomach and more liquids easier. Keep us updated and remember we're all here for you.
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I get to meet my Surgeon next week. I have a green light from the Bariatric Dept nutrition psychologist blood work ect. Hopefully he can get me in sooner verses later
  • rll22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I will probably need it!! Started my liquid diet today, every time I think about surgery I get a tad nervous! (Like Loveshoe said fear of the unknown!)
    How much do you typically loose on the only liquid diet? I was only eating one meal a day and the rest of the day was 2 premier shakes and some fruit/veggie snacks between and was loosing about a pound a day, just curious though because I know everyone is different.
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Saw the Surgeon yesterday my surgery is scheduled for August 29 and I start the liquid diet on the 14 th. I can’t wait to sit on the losers bench. Good luck to everyone
  • brendajean316
    brendajean316 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are one day post-surgery - hope things are going well. Today I am one day pre-surgery and will join your ranks soon!
  • rll22
    Options
    Congrats! You are one day post-surgery - hope things are going well. Today I am one day pre-surgery and will join your ranks soon!
    Yeah I did it!!! I was very nervous yesterday going in since I’ve never been in the hospital, never had a broken bone, stitches or anything so I was very nervous!!! 😬 I will have to say yesterday was hard just like I thought it would be but today I am doing great! My upper GI came back fine so I am sipping on some chicken broth!!! I hopefully will get to go home later today!!! The pain hasn’t been as bad as I thought it would be, yesterday I was in a lot of pain (it felt like I actually had abs!) best of luck tomorrow!!!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Great job :) the first day is the worst, everyone is different but I didn’t find I was in a lot of pain when I went home I actually only took pain medication for 3 days!!
  • rll22
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Great job :) the first day is the worst, everyone is different but I didn’t find I was in a lot of pain when I went home I actually only took pain medication for 3 days!!
    Yeah the first day was the worse but I am also a ween when it comes to pain so there’s that! Fist day home had a hard time sleeping since I am a side sleeper and it hurts way to much to lay on my side!!! Found a somewhat comfortable spot on the couch, but it takes me almost the full 15 minutes to sip one ounce of water or shake!!! I don’t want to push it but I also don’t want to be dehydrated!!! Anyone else have a hard time sipping the liquids since coming home. I just feel full and the cold stuff hurts going down. (So I’m setting my protein and water out to warm up some to see if that helps)
    The journey is just beginning.....