Renew Your 2018 Resolutions July Challenge

Options
loveshoe
loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
edited July 2018 in Social Groups
It's the middle of the year and a good time to renew your 2018 resolutions or make new ones based where you are today.

The challenge guidelines are simple. Post something daily that you did to move toward better health. Your post can be about a smart decision you made on food choices, exercises, or something you did to remain mentally strong. For example - Monday you had a burger but rather than fries you had a side salad. Tuesday you parked at the far end of the parking lot to get extra steps. Wednesday you took 10 minutes to meditate and mentally note how far you've come this year.

You can also post pictures showing your steps, food (we like to see pictures of what you're eating), recommendations of books or music that help you stay motivated. Really anything goes as long as you post daily with something good you did.

Each day you post give yourself 1 point. The goal is to get 7 out of 7 for the week or 31 for the month. There isn't a prize other than the motivation we give each other to renew our New Year resolutions to get and remain healthy both physically and mentally.

Together we can do anything so I hope you'll all participate in this July renewal get healthy challenge. :)

Replies

• HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    DUH!! just saw this...forget my message :):D:D:D
  • loveshoe
    Options
    So I kicked off July by getting my 10K steps in. I've been a bit lazy in the exercise area. e7v2290wc43i.jpeg

• loveshoe
    Options
    I'm not sure why the picture is so large and I will try to get the next one smaller.
  • HappyKat5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m in! Didn’t do much today, I usually take Sundays off from any gym.exercise.

I ldid exhibit self control for not yelling at my family! We we supposed to watch a movie at 9:40pm. Nobody came down. I didn’t yell. I got a stick cheese (which it what me helps me to get calm.)

Apparently, 9:40 different work. It just wasnt the right tone, and I felt that. This night would have been a freakin message if we talked to eat other first.
    Right now,, I’m gonna think about things.
    I know I’m worth it and l valuable myself more.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So today I am finishing working from home because I needed to get my daughter to an appt. rather than make something for lunch in the house or snacking all day I heated up the lunch I brought to work today. My daughter woke up at 3:40 am when I was getting ready to leave to train but of course I didn’t get to do that so I am trying to do other things to compensate.

Tomorrow I took off of work and we are going to the mountains. I plan to be mindful of what o eat and get as much walking in as possible!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I REALLY needed this! Today I dragged my butt out of bed early so I could go to the gym before work. I had been doing this regularly but the past year or so I have been going through menopause and struggling. I have horrible hot flashes that drain my will to live, I don't sleep well because of night sweats and waking up to drink water, so I always feel exhausted. I know I can push through it!
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I’m upping my walking from 3x week to 5 x week. 1 week down and headed to December for the finish line.
  • loveshoe
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    Thanks, I REALLY needed this! Today I dragged my butt out of bed early so I could go to the gym before work. I had been doing this regularly but the past year or so I have been going through menopause and struggling. I have horrible hot flashes that drain my will to live, I don't sleep well because of night sweats and waking up to drink water, so I always feel exhausted. I know I can push through it!

I was finishing up menopause when I had WLS. One recommendation was to exercise to the point of sweating, which would help with the hot flashes. The theory was that my body would be able to regulate heat better if it had more practice cooling off. It may have all been in my mind but I do think it helped. One thing that is true is that menopause didn't stop me from losing weight although the loss was slow. With each hot flash, all I thought about was that surely all that heat had to be burning fat.

• loveshoe
    Options
    Today I started setting my timer for 30 minutes after eating. I know for a fact I wasn't waiting the full 30 minutes after meals to drink. I'm hoping this will keep me feeling full longer after eating.
  • HappyKat5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Omg! I realized I had taken my Ambien when I started to write my post last night. I have no idea what I was trying to write😂 After re- reading my nonsense, this is wanted I would have written. So, forgive me. But, anyways, this is I wanted to say (pre-medication)...last night the family planned to watch a movie at 9:40 and NOBODY showed up! I felt so let down. As a mother, I felted pissed because when I say 9:40, I mean 9:40. As a wife, I said, “Thank God, he fell asleep before I did because I was kinda tired too...but a competition was brewing... thank goodness, he relinquished into a deep sleep before me (so, I won!)😂. Thank goodness for video cause now i can use that as evidence!”😂😂. But, I guess, I felt a little sad because I realize that life is so funny and isn’t always perfect, and that’s okay...because balance it’s what’s needed. After the movie was over, I felt good, not because I could stay up longer than my spouse, but because I felt good and could watch the entire movie AND not feel that I had to turn it off to appease someone else.

So damnit. I got my point today because I put myself before others and enjoyed every damn minute of it...and didn’t wake up guilty.

Yup.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    I’m 1/7

I hope to get 7/7

Kat
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    Today I started setting my timer for 30 minutes after eating. I know for a fact I wasn't waiting the full 30 minutes after meals to drink. I'm hoping this will keep me feeling full longer after eating.

Yes! I need to do this too! After almost 5 years out, I have gotten a little too lax with the rules!! I have also gotten a little too loose with my logging so I am working on that.

My goal is to do something physical every day and to do strength/resistance 3 times a week. I usually wake up early to go to the gym before work but today I actually hit the snooze in my sleep. When that happens I go with it because I probably need the sleep. To make up for it I will walk on my breaks today. I did remember to grab my clothes for yoga - my company has a yoga instructor come in twice a week at lunch. Our instructor is awesome, and she's also no joke - between the planks and downward dogs etc. she really works strength into our yoga sessions, total bonus!
  • loveshoe
    Options
    This morning after taking my acid blocker I used the 30 minutes I have to wait to have coffee to get a half hour of treadmill time in. I used to do this all the time then just stopped doing it. I don't have a valid reason why I stopped I just took a few days off then those few days turned into months. My day is so much better when I start off with exercise.
  • HappyKat5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I get a point today because today I had to call my insurance company 3 times and didn’t cuss anyone out! I believe one of the hardest jobs on the planet is being an insurance representative. I know they’re just trying to make money to live but I swear! Why do I have to get a pre approval from my doctor IF she writes me the prescription...that pretty much means she approves of me taking it, right? One of the representatives actually said, “I totally understand what you are saying” but really wanted to say, “Yeah, that is dumb.” But, we all know the call is being recorded😂😂😂

Well, thank you if those you in a service position...you get much kudos for me!
    I stayed calm, breathed and didn’t take out my frustrations on anyone including myself.
    2/7 🤗
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Oops, here are my stats:

H: 5'4" A: 55
    HW: 287
    Pre-Op Liq Diet: 234
    SD: 222
    CW: 173.6
    GW: 145

Hi y'all! Happy 4th of July. I'm in if you'll have me! I'm almost 5 months out and am averaging about 2.5-2.7lbs/week loss. It's slower than I'd like in my heart, but likely completely normal. I feel like I have a great handle on my food and exercise habits, but am working on my head/heart/spirit. I'm reading a lot about the neuroscience of exercise and diet and trying to coordinate that by seeking out motivational people who have walked the walk.
    I've lost about 52% of my EBW since WLS and am down around 114lbs since my HW in May of last year. It's a daily walk to be sure and some days are diamonds, others are dust. You just have to play it where it lays and move on.

Today I'm eating a super healthy breakfast with great protein and veg and in about 2 hours I will do my core exercises and meditate. Looking forward to it!

• loveshoe
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone. Today I actually kicked off my day with breakfast. I realized I was falling back into an old habit of skipping breakfast. From past experience both pre-op and post-op I know how important it is to start my day right. Today was yogurt with brand buds and chia seeds, gotta have fiber in my diet.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    I hope everyone a great, fun and safe 4th for those who celebrate. (I’m posting after midnight) We had a pot luck at my MIL home. We have very strong personalities in our family and I went in with a “I’m not let any drama get to me.” That was my goal for yesterday. Debates always break out at the table, they start off okay and then BAM! all hell breaks loose :D I was in the middle (literally) of two siblings arguing trying to make their points valid. They have a pretty good stocked up bar and usually I get a glass (or 5) just so I get thru the rest of the day. But, I didn’t, but wanted to, so it was a point for me. I’m trying to limit my alcohol intake just because it’s so many empty calories.
    3/7
  • loveshoe
    Options
    I actually missed logging yesterday because I went to bed early or on time. I've trying to establish a regular sleep pattern. I've gotten off track by not going to bed at the same time every night. I was in bed when I realized I never posted my goal and I knew if I got online to do it I would find a reason not to just go to sleep. My goal is to get in bed between 10 to 10:30pm and get up between 6:30 and 7 am.
  • littlegibbs62
    littlegibbs62 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Had a first yesterday. I did 11K steps. LOL. That's huge for me. As of last May, I was basically bed-ridden.
  • HappyKat5
    Options
    @littlegibbs62 That’s AWESOME! I like that we can reset our goals! Every bit counts🤗