Leslie Sansone July 2018 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
July (2018)

WELCOME to all walkers!

We will begin our July Walk Challenge tomorrow, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors might possibly be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Or if summer where you live is now very warm/ or even quite hot :sunglasses: then walking indoors with LS or other instructors is a blessing to have available.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as Walking DVDs by other instructors to change things up or challenge us in different ways. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know, so please consider sharing which DVD, or if there is something that you really liked about the exercise that you chose to do.

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I am very grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) as we come back for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... as we begin to walk during July!

Walking together is always such fun... :smiley:

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! Have I been missing in action or what!! I spent May in Netherlands with my granddaughter (OK- my son and DIL as well :wink: ) and June doing a 5 year review for work that that was due yesterday, but we put off starting until ... well.. June 6th when I got back! In true academic fasion-we procrastinated big time!!! It's life right? :laugh: However, I have been reading and keep up with all of you and need to get back to my workouts before any more pounds try to sneak their way on me! Since I am at my NY house now, there is no excuse not be walking and hiking mountains-except for the oppressive heat that seems to be everywhere this week! Geez!!!! :explode:

So, my July goal is 3.5 miles/week or 108.5 for the month!!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Zichab, glad you are back! Sounds like you've been incredibly busy. Am I right in thinking you might take the plung and retire sometime soon? Don't let them work you to death! Heat and humidity something fierce this year. Or it could be the "blessing" of age that I don't remember how hot it was last year. :D

108.5 for the month - I know you can do it!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July goal: 77.5 miles. I've gained weight last month :'( ; bad food choices and no monthly goal. So, either I continue to do what didn't work or I change. Easy choice. I'm not going back to the "old me."!

Walk ON everyone! Let's do this! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    7/1 4 miles of The 4 Mile Super Challenge
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Holy HEATWAVE everyone! Here in Michigan, we've been in the 90's with a heat index in the 100's!
    I'm coming out of June with 109 miles. Due to weather, I'm backing that down to an even 100.
    I'm cleaning up all my workout DVD's that I have and found that I have so many between Leslie, Jessica, Jenny and a few from Beachbody! I should be a more fit than more round than I am.

July Goals:

100 Miles tracked
    Recommit to Water
    Apple Watch Challenge 13 workouts that last for 15 minutes or more. For this curious, Apple watch doesn't count an "exercise" minute unless your heart rate is above a certain beat per minute.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello Walker Friends and Happy July! :smiley:
    Welcome back @zichab!

This girl doesn't enjoy heat and humidity, so I'll be walking indoors all month long! Thank goodness for Leslie and all the Walk at Home choices!

Setting my goal at 115 miles this month.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Boosted Miles

5 out of 115
  • zichab
    Options
    July Goal 3.5/day or 108.5 for the month

7/1-WAP Ultimate Collection 3 Mile Advanced Walk 3 miles=3.0 miles total

Thanks for the welcome back Ann! I am planning to retire at the end of the winter semester in May 2020. I was going to go in August of 2019, but selling a house is easier in the spring so we decided one more academic year was not really a problem. They are not really working me to death, I am just anxious about leaving. Teaching is my life, but I am getting ready more and more to move on to other things, most especially moving back to NY. Like you, I also gained weight these last two months. No goal, great food in Netherlands and then came home and stress eating took over. Being on this board with all of you keeps me accountable. :blush:

Oh my gosh Deeder! I am glad I am not in MI right now! Be careful and stay cool! Maybe I should have left my air on low! I may have melted candles when I get back! :noway:

Thanks for the welcome back Veggie Girl! I am with you on the heat and humidity!! I can take the cold because I can always get warm. There are fires, blankets and wooly socks! But, you can only take off just so much and people start to talk! :flushed: I am convinced that AC was invented so we could walk inside with Leslie when it gets hot and humid outside, so we might as well take advantage of it. :laugh:

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm setting my walking goal for July for 75 miles total. Other goals include strength training 2-3 times per week. I may increase my goal midway through the month if I find I've set it too low. I'm happy to join in the fun with your all! I mostly walk indoors while listening to podcasts or I walk with Leslie on the DVDs. It's way too hot in Texas for outdoor walking in the Summer.

status 2 of 75

7/1 - 2 miles indoor walking while listening to podcasts

• berardellicm6
    berardellicm6 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning everyone. Yes, heat (even in Maine) is a real challenge. Humidity has begun to creep into the picture as well...could stand 90's with low humidity, but when it creeps up to 65 or 70 I throw in the towel.

Didn't quite meet my June goal of 1200 minutes but want to push it a bit up to 1250 for my July goal.

Zichab, I highly commend retirement! I too taught. I was at the University of Maine in the School of Nursing and LOVED what I did, but chose to retire last August (close to a year already) and although I miss the people I worked with and the wonderful students, I do not miss the day to day routine nor do I miss the worry in winter about weather and driving in snow/sleet/ and ice. Good luck with your house sale and moving...I tell my husband that the only way they will get me out of our home is a pine box!! Especially since it is set up so well for our Great Pyrenees. He would love to live in a condo, but the dogs (thus far) have prevailed :wink:

Sunday walked with Leslie for 40 minutes and worked in the garden for 25. Today, thus far, have walked 40 minutes with Leslie.

July total= 105/1250

Walk strong everyone!! Cathy B.
  • cheldemdee
    cheldemdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm hoping to get at least two miles in with Leslie every weekday in July. That's 44 miles for the month. I'm going to start tonight.
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone 😊
    My goal for my first month is 30 miles.
    I hear you guys on the heat and humidity.
    We have been under continual heat advisories.
    Indoor walking it is.
  • zichab
    Options
    July Goal 3.5/day or 108.5 for the month

7/1-WAP Ultimate Collection 3 Mile Advanced Walk 3 miles=3.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=4.6 miles total
    7/2-WAH iWalk Strong 3miles=3.0-7.6 total

berardbellicm6 I am getting there. We are moving to the Adirondack Mountains of NY (NY is home as both of us were born in NY and have lived here for most of our lives) after I retire and the more we finish on our house here, the more retirement beckons that is for sure. I too am a homebody and will not leave this house in anything other than an oak box :laugh:! I love oak! There are so many things I want to do here. However, I also love MI and the students there are so wonderful. I teach sociology in Flint, MI and nowhere do students need a knowledge of sociology more than Flint! May 2020 is the goal, but sooner will be fine with me! :smiley:

Considering how hot it is every where, it is a real testament to our devotion to walking that we are all hanging there.

• AnnofB
    edited July 2018
    Options
    6/77.5 Today, 2 miles of The 5 Day Slim Down.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    5 Fat Burning Miles

10 out of 115
  • Emwalker3406
    Emwalker3406 Posts: 308 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    7/2 - 3.06 miles indoor track
    4.91 of 30 miles
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Did 3.6 miles walking while listening to podcasts yesterday.

July goal status
    5.6 od 75
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have been busy with my grandsons and social media has taken a backseat. I am in for 100 miles this month.

7.91/100

7.91 miles goling this morning.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies! I have been busy with my grandsons and social media has taken a backseat. I am in for 100 miles this month.

Glad to see you, PinkyPan1. I don't blame you. If I had grandkids, that's where I'd be too. :smiley:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    zichab, it they are good to you and you enjoy the work, it's all good. :)